Sundown Audio

Rf Consumer Challenge

pauleqer

lol again with the its a 1k amp. as i said before though it wasnt about the output it was about how much power it took to make that power. As stated before everyone wants to claim all those extra RF watts until it comes down to somethign like this then its unfair. I own a RF amp and love it, i just dont see what was unfair about his testing honestly.

anyhow always cool to see new stuff

I'm sure many of you have heard of Orion's Concept 97 amplifier that's rated 1watt but does wwaaayyy more. The point is ratings are just ratings. Actual power output is what counts, not the manufacturer's claims. The Sundown was more efficient and I'll gladly put a Sundown 3000 against a RF T4k. I won't guarantee it will do more power but I'll bet money it will be more efficient. Now if all you care about is ratings and power output then I'll gladly put a pair of strapped Sundown 1500s against a RF T4k anyday. I've already done that test and the T4k lost.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

Yo Steve you think we can get this challenge some where over here? Some where in Nor Cal anybody who's an RF dealer.

I think it would be something cool to check out.

I JUST WANNA SEE THE CUBE. THAT THING LOOKS COOL...................

Unfurtorunetly I can't go, But I want to see a Kicker ZR360 up against a 97 punch 225.2 or the power 500 that were produced untill 2004.

I have run both these amps (not the 500 but it should be almost the same as the 225.2) and the 225.2 can't even match the power abillity of the ZR360.

All the specs are higher on the Punch 225.2 but on numerous ocassions when I have traded it out for a ZR360 it just doen't seem to get close to the same output on mids and tweets without distortion and it seems like the 225.2 lacks low end also.

Oh and the 50 amp fuse on the Punch 225.2 and 80 amps worth of fuseing on the ZR360.(the ZR360 is 2 ohm bridged stable and fully regulated.)

But none the less Rockford shouldn't limit this competion to only now shipping amps.

I will admit my T5002 will eat up my ZR360 as far as power goes and the T5002 has a lower power rating on it compared to the ZR360.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

I'd very much like to see an Audison on it.

Watch it do power at 1/2 the current and it's class a/b

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Man every body seems to go to war over their amps , My amp does a million watts at 0 ohms now top that !!!!! :wacko:

dcaudio.jpg ALLAH's the most gracious, he made the universe the most spaciousSeen and heard in all places, but still appear facelessEmbraces all races, all caste and all casesIn every spec of life he's the substance of all tracesSMDsigbannr9.jpg

Archived