Second Skin Audio

Box help for SQL setup... very confused

That box above is 6 cubic feet internal volume, it's hard to get something more space inefficient than that for a single 12" sub, about 6 drivers in sealed could be put in that space which would play louder and flat inside a vehicle.

That box above is 6 cubic feet internal volume, it's hard to get something more space inefficient than that for a single 12" sub, about 6 drivers in sealed could be put in that space which would play louder and flat inside a vehicle.

all t-line boxes are larger then normal boxes, thats why you never see t-lines using 15s or 18s, ive personally only seen 10s and less.

all t-line boxes are larger then normal boxes, thats why you never see t-lines using 15s or 18s, ive personally only seen 10s and less.

That's my whole point, nothing against anyone being curious about running one but definitely there are better alternatives, for sound quality I would easily run sealed and be done with it, two drivers in sealed would require 2 cubic feet of internal airspace, it would be way lighter too.

Sealed boxes play nearly flat inside a vehicle which is optimum for sound quality, you can enchance a little the low end making airspace a little larger, Tlines are very power efficient but as before in 6 cubes you can fit about 6 12" drivers that's 6X cone area.

money is no issue, my goal is basicly to get a good sounding system with good bass, not spl bass, enough bass to feel the music but not over ride the highs. im looking to stay under 1000rms for full system maybe 1500rms if i need to. i wanna use amps that will fit under my seats so if i ever need to remove the sub i just have to unplug it and fold my seats down with out worring about amps or wires, i would like to use a 1/4" phono jack for the box input so its as easy as plugging in 1 cable

Archived