ridinclean97 Posted April 19, 2015 Report Posted April 19, 2015 So obviously everyone knows you don't go deaf from subs. But, your ears do become less sensitive/more quiet. I haven't had a system for 7 months. I can somehow enjoy a stock 100watt 10" sub. When people get subs, they tend to get used to the sound. Therefore, they upgrade and upgrade and upgrade again. My friend had 2 sundown 15s on like 1600. The first day I heard it, it sounded ridiculous in his pickup. A week later after hearing it a bunch of times, it sounded like a normal sound system except with more rattling and vibration/shaking. It literally sounded like an entry level single 12 except the whole car shook. What's the point of getting a system and turning it up past your hearing threshold when your just going to have your hearing de-sensitize? Anyone else ever thought of this?
SLYentist Posted April 19, 2015 Report Posted April 19, 2015 i have two SP4 18s, and i normally listen to them at a low level, evenly matched with the music. To me, the ability to accurately play music is paramount to the ability to get crazy loud, but i like having the ability to continually turn it up, and the stereo continues to sound properly mixed and not too peaky all the way up to full tilt. Our ears have a great ability to adapt to many volume levels. When I make music on the Yamahas in my avatar, i have to make sure the volume knob is at the same place every time between songs, otherwise my ears can perceive something that would normally be too loud to sound perfectly fine over an extended time. Cables and wires almost never fail; the terminations do.
Deeznutz Posted April 19, 2015 Report Posted April 19, 2015 Ridinclean97, I do agree with what you are saying for the most part, except for the fact that hearing loss CAN occur from "loud noises"........later on in life. The abuse we give our bodies, we pay for decades later, though not evident now. Where did you hear that it can not make you go deaf? Deaf no, loss yes. -Frank
Ahmed Johnson Posted April 19, 2015 Report Posted April 19, 2015 The systems that hurt my ears the most are the ones with alot of tweeters.
reedal Posted April 19, 2015 Report Posted April 19, 2015 ^^ agreed. Only one set of tweeters is necessary for most daily setups in my opinion, I cringe whenever I see people saying they have multiple sets, especially super tweets. That's what makes my ears ring SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
juan777 Posted April 19, 2015 Report Posted April 19, 2015 My parents are 50 and 46, they never had after market sound systems, or had jobs with loud noises, but they have lost a lot of their hearing, not enough to affect every day life, but me and my sister have to raise our voice so they can hear us. I am 26 and currently have perfect hearing. My daily driver does 150s. The way I see it, genetics will hurt my hearing before loud music does. My dad started around 40 so I assume I have 14 more years to enjoy perfect hearing and then I'll have to upgrade the L@zy Hoe! The L@zy Hoe 2005 Chevy Tahoe 2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids 4 10 midrange 4 6.5 midwoofers 4 Tweeters 6 Supertweeters 2 Lithium 80AH Batteries 24K Watts 4 Custom 18s Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works The Build Log Like Loud Bass? Click Here! On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said: See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on. On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said: I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.