Second Skin Audio

Fast help on pioneer 5000w sub???????

A lot of people have not caught up to the Times and still call VA measured watts....

so wait what your telling me is you cant apply a mathematical calculation that is meant for DC current/voltage and apply it to AC current/voltage, and have it not mean the same thing?

well this turned into a big fight... to answer some questions, i tested the amp by plugging it into my subs, i cranked the volume and the gain. played a 40hz sine wave and tested the voltage and amperage... Volts x Amps = Watts (really dirty power, but power none the less). i do know that the Brutus amps don't do rated on shit like that, that they do best on dynamic power. but like mentioned before my cousin doesn't have the money to buy good quality amps. in my audio jeep i use crescendo BC3500's, 4 of them, and they arent cheap enough for someone that works in fast food while he's in college. im 25, out of college with a BS in computer engineering and have a good job, and being single helps save money. and me personally i think that alpine amps are better then anything out there, besides maybe old school zapco amps. sure they dont to 5k rms but the power handling per in^3 they take up is really great, and having a PWM power delivery controlled by a computer with-in the amp to ensure cool temps and no loss in power is worth every penny they charge.

Volts x amps does not equal watts.

yes is does.... V x I = W.... ohms law....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watt

If it was DC power which its not.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

so how do you do ac wattage then?

Without the proper tools you dont.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived