Testing amps on alt

It doeant drop under 14 but bass is alote lower

I turned down gain

Turn the gain down for starters.

To where?

Did your voltage pick up?

<p>Pioneer AVIC 6000 NEX, JBL 660c Components - FI SP415- Arc audio xdi2000.1- Xs Power- 0 gauge, Big 3 Upgrade Dc Power xp270

Okay how do I see how good my ground is( im just going to run the ground on amp to the battery ground to make sure it wont be am issue

keep this in mind

an electrical system is only as strong as the grounds... can have beyond strong electrical on paper

shit grounds your voltage will drop like a rock

<p>Pioneer AVIC 6000 NEX, JBL 660c Components - FI SP415- Arc audio xdi2000.1- Xs Power- 0 gauge, Big 3 Upgrade Dc Power xp270

With a multimeter. Place one probe on the amp ground input, the other where your grounded to your frame, set dmm to read resistance, and you need to be as close as possible to zero. If you're close to an ohm then you need to find a better ground using the same method

Even when reving it there still is a bad voltage drop. Well ill guess ill find out if its the alt tomorroW by using a clamp meter

Okay I just ordered a clamp meter, I still seem to be getting bad voltage drops all the way down to 11.7 and amp gain 60% on deck 0. From alt to amp I get about a .7 drop. The belt is Tight, alt dual set up is a dc270 only running to the amp xdi2000 arc audio,

what clamp ? link me

also.. is this at idle ? Your alt may not make shit at idle....... rev it up.

Im just spit balling...

My batt stays above 13 when car has been off. Mayby ground

could be that you have bad batteries. with the combination of bad batteries and clipping your voltage will suffer

Could be tons of things, you're going to have to trouble shoot them one by one.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

bro.. battery resting voltage means squat when they cant handle a load.. seen many batteries rest at 12.8 and drop to 7 volts when cranking the engine. could be many things but the gain set up at 60% is one of the problems

I lowered the gain to around 35 40% and get very little drop BUT bass has droped alote. Well im going after ground next

bro.. battery resting voltage means squat when they cant handle a load.. seen many batteries rest at 12.8 and drop to 7 volts when cranking the engine. could be many things but the gain set up at 60% is one of the problems

Archived