Drawing to much power for my battery?

ok, since people cant read i'll ask a question.

Does the amp stay on when the truck is off?

Because if you have no speakers hooked to it and the truck is off it should not be drawing any power at all.

No Amp goes on & off with the truck.

ok, since people cant read i'll ask a question.

Does the amp stay on when the truck is off?

Because if you have no speakers hooked to it and the truck is off it should not be drawing any power at all.

No Amp goes on & off with the truck.

^^ that. What did you wire your remote turn on too? A constant 12v source or switched?

Not 100% sure what that means, the remote turn on is wired into my headunit so when my headunit picks up a source is tells both amps to turn on

So everything is working? What was the problem?

Has to be something in the wire run, it's 90% under door panels or behind them. After i pulled the fuse, which wasn't bad. Truck stayed idling like normal

So right now, without the fuse it's idling fine but your amps aren't getting power now. Do you have one run of 4 gauge for each amp, or is it splitting power into both?

Have you reconnected the amp to see if the problem reoccurs?

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

Did you mess with the gain at all? If you turned the gain up (with no speakers to give it a load) it could be causing it maybe. Not sure. But I would suggest not having the amp powered without a load because there was another member a little bit back that did the same and it fried some resistors in the amp.

So everything is working? What was the problem?

Has to be something in the wire run, it's 90% under door panels or behind them. After i pulled the fuse, which wasn't bad. Truck stayed idling like normal

So right now, without the fuse it's idling fine but your amps aren't getting power now. Do you have one run of 4 gauge for each amp, or is it splitting power into both?

I have two separate runs of 4g one for the 4 channel & one was for my other Amp. So right now only the 4 channel is hooked up getting power & working correctly.

Have you reconnected the amp to see if the problem reoccurs?

Haven't yet it was 5am when i disconnected, might be going to the beach or cleaning the throttle body today trying to figure out which so if i clean the tb i can see if the problem still persist.

Did you mess with the gain at all? If you turned the gain up (with no speakers to give it a load) it could be causing it maybe. Not sure. But I would suggest not having the amp powered without a load because there was another member a little bit back that did the same and it fried some resistors in the amp.

the gain should be as low as it possibly can be , only had it on to check that it was working correctly.

Archived