Drawing to much power for my battery?

So i recently connected my Ct sounds 1400.1 in my truck not currently running any subs. I was checking to make sure the amp worked as i ordered it online. Everything powered and worked fine, i parked my truck & went to sleep, about 9 hours later i went to leave to work & my truck was idling really bad, voltage was jumping from 14.4 - 12.2v about to die etc. I parked it and took another car to work, when i came home i disconnected the fuse to the amp, let it run for a while and the voltage stayed above 14v.

Currently i have a 145a alternator, big 3 upgrade, & a diehard battery. 785 cca

The truck had a stock 105a alternator but is the LT model so has power everything. I also have a Ct sounds 60.4 amp hooked up to power my speakers.

Not much else done electrical wise beside Led light inside.

My question is, is this amp drawing that much power that it will kill the battery in a 12 hour period?

So i recently connected my Ct sounds 1400.1 in my truck not currently running any subs. I was checking to make sure the amp worked as i ordered it online. Everything powered and worked fine, i parked my truck & went to sleep, about 9 hours later i went to leave to work & my truck was idling really bad, voltage was jumping from 14.4 - 12.2v about to die etc. I parked it and took another car to work, when i came home i disconnected the fuse to the amp, let it run for a while and the voltage stayed above 14v.

The truck had a stock 105a alternator but is the LT model so has power everything. I also have a Ct sounds 60.4 amp hooked up to power my speakers.

My question is, is this amp drawing that much power that it will kill the battery in a 12 hour period?

Did you disconnect the battery at all

ok, since people cant read i'll ask a question.

Does the amp stay on when the truck is off?

Because if you have no speakers hooked to it and the truck is off it should not be drawing any power at all.

Did you disconnect the battery at all

I disconnected the battery & pulled the fuse & reconnected the battery and let it run, went back to normal.

bought used on internet? or new?

what about the way you wired it up? grounds good? no shorts? no stray wire strands touching metal?

Bought new, It's wired with 4g (temporary) no shorts & grounds are good aswell and no stray wires touching, i used the same wire run to power my old amp & didn't have this issue

Archived