RooTxBeeR Posted May 3, 2015 Report Posted May 3, 2015 Anyone ever seal off a trunk that wasn't deadened? I am doing a build on a Dodge Challenger trunk and the guy doesn't want to spend anymore money and get deadener, which to me. Would be the best and easiest way to seal off, because it can cover holes and create a connection between the box and sheet metal. Anyone ever seal off before without using it? We planned on using spray foam as the main sealer from behind. I just need new Ideas to cover the holes and create the link between the sheetmetal around the box and the box itself. On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
DubNDodge Posted May 3, 2015 Report Posted May 3, 2015 I didn't use any deadner to seal off the box. I only used deadner on top the deck where there were like 50 small holes. I used mdf to seal off the massive areas and then spray foam the small gaps that were left after using the mdf '01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log 2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said: Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.
RooTxBeeR Posted May 3, 2015 Author Report Posted May 3, 2015 I didn't use any deadner to seal off the box. I only used deadner on top the deck where there were like 50 small holes. I used mdf to seal off the massive areas and then spray foam the small gaps that were left after using the mdf That's what I am talking about too though. Spots like that with shit tons of holes. How can I seal that without deadener? I was thinking of making a trim panel like you said on either side of the box and hit the back with spray foam. I am just afraid it won't be enough to seal it off. On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
RooTxBeeR Posted May 3, 2015 Author Report Posted May 3, 2015 duck tape I think I need to quit smoking weed or something. How did I not think of that? I think I am going to just go give up on everything now lol On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
SkarredSierra Posted May 3, 2015 Report Posted May 3, 2015 Make sure its the gorilla glue kind. That stuffs thick and sticks great. But for real its only like 20 bucks for enough deadner to do the back deck. Its worth it cuz it helps cancel any vibrations the rear deck may have. Or maybe cut a mdf trim panel to the shape of the deck and foam it in there.
RooTxBeeR Posted May 3, 2015 Author Report Posted May 3, 2015 Make sure its the gorilla glue kind. That stuffs thick and sticks great. But for real its only like 20 bucks for enough deadner to do the back deck. Its worth it cuz it helps cancel any vibrations the rear deck may have. Or maybe cut a mdf trim panel to the shape of the deck and foam it in there. "He's not worried about vibrations, he knows it will be there" He's also never heard a legit sub stage of what he wants to do. single 15" on 5kw. Shit's going to go nuts lol. Think we are just going to go with the duct tape. On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
RooTxBeeR Posted May 3, 2015 Author Report Posted May 3, 2015 Another quick question I have if someone cares to answer. As we start building the box into the trunk, how have people braced the boxes? Just build it in and leave it? Use an adhesive on the bottom board so it holds to the trunk? I am building it to fit in between wheel wells so I cannot make it 100% the length due to metal contouring. Don't want all this moving around. I also have 2 batteries that need to be positioned in the trunk. On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
DubNDodge Posted May 3, 2015 Report Posted May 3, 2015 Oh, ha yupp someone else beat me to it, I also used gorilla tape alongside deadner. I secured the box from moving around when I sealed it off. The beauty panels/ seal off pieces were glue/screwed to the box and then screwed into the metal "trim" piece of the car. hard to explain, but everything is pretty detailed in my build log. '01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log 2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said: Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.
RooTxBeeR Posted May 3, 2015 Author Report Posted May 3, 2015 Oh, ha yupp someone else beat me to it, I also used gorilla tape alongside deadner. I secured the box from moving around when I sealed it off. The beauty panels/ seal off pieces were glue/screwed to the box and then screwed into the metal "trim" piece of the car. hard to explain, but everything is pretty detailed in my build log. The side panels are what's securing it down? On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.