Jump to content

combine different 4ohm and 2ohm speakers to get 3ohms?


Totalnoob

Recommended Posts

Posted

The mids I'm getting can play down to 30hz and has an fs of 34hz also it can play up to 4k according tk the specs and they alsl have a 8ohm version with a QTS of .5 as well.. Maybe I could combine it to make 4ohms with the component midrange.

I have the component midrange head unit crossover set it 63hz on a 12db slope and the other bandpass filter to 3.5k for the mid range..so could I just split that channel on the amount into 2 so I could connect my other 4 channel amp I'm getting for the midbass a small 60.4 will do

Posted

Or would I be better off y splitting the rcas the mids channels to my second aml just using the second amp im gettingbandpass filter settings to cut off the 250hz+ ranges from the midbass. Please make sense of all this

Posted

i can't really follow what you are trying to do, but it seems like it is way too much. keep it simple and you will be happier in the end.

 

F150:

Stock :(

 

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

 

Posted

I understand how you have it worred from h/u to amp if I have you correct, and you have 2 amps now

Your running a 4ch and a mono

Front rca as front high/tweeters on 4ch amp ch1,2 high passed at 4khz

Rear rca as front mids on 4ch amp ch3,5 bandpassed @63hz and 4khz from h/u

Sub rca to mono lowpassed @ 63hz

And you want to add a set mids for say 63hz -500/1khz then use your current mids from 500/1khz up

It can be done but your got it all wrong in the way you want to go about it

Now where you got confusing

Your tweeters are 4ohm?

Your mids are 2ohm?

What tweeters do you have and what mids?

Because 2ohm speakers will never equal 2.66ohm unless you have 4 in series then parrell 2 in series off that putting 6x 2ohm speakers per side

Put a list of your equipment make and model and how many set of each or number of units of each

4ch amp?

Mono amp?

Tweeters?

Mids?

Subs? Box size and tuned to?

Do you have the factory crossovers for your components assumeing they came from a set?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1021 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...