combine different 4ohm and 2ohm speakers to get 3ohms?

Totalnoob

is it safe to combine different 4ohm and 2ohm speakers to get 3ohms? or would they blow? it is a mid range and a mid bass speaker.. i cant find a 2 ohm mid bass speaker so i might have to get another amp just for mid bass.......or i could combine the 2 speakers mid range and mid bass together if possible..idk...

I mean you can do it and it wont really hurt anything, but it wouldn't be right...

But you shouldn't do it because the 4ohm speaker has different parameters than the 2ohm speaker, so it can cause phase issues especially if they are sharing a common chamber speaker box.

Also that speaker that is of lower impedance will get a great bit more power from the amplifier than the speaker with the higher impedance, and wont split the power evenly from the amplifier due to them being 2 different impedance's.

so bascially i need to put the midbass speaker in the kick panel in its own chamber with its own separate amp( (i have a monoblock 600 watts at 1ohm amp i could probably use would that work?) . and leave the 2 6.5 component speakers in the door using the regular 4 channel amp for them(using this for tweeters as well)....but also i would have to connect with a 3ft rca the 4 channel amp to the monoblock amp right, so i could get a signal for the midbass of 40hz to 250hz......

now is all that possbile please tell me

this is the specs on the amp

• mono subwoofer amplifier
  • 300 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (500 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
  • 800 watts RMS x 1 at 1 ohm
  • CEA-2006 compliant
  • Class D amp technology
  • variable low-pass filter (40-240 Hz, 12 dB per octave)
  • wired remote controls variable bass boost (0-18 dB at 50 Hz)
  • preamp inputs and outputs
  • speaker-level inputs via supplied RCA-type adapters
  • fuse rating: 40A x 2
  • 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
  • 11"W x 2-3/8"H x 7-7/8"D
  • warranty: 1 year

A 4 and 2ohm is 1.33 not 3ohm

Ohms law for parrell ie

(4x2) / (4+2)

Can it be done yes and everyone who says they haven't have NEVER connected a speaker up

What do you thing is a 2 way speaker or 4 way speaker

It is 2 or more speakers worred together

What about the tower speakers on you home hiFi mine have 6 speakers per tower with 5 different speakers

Don't use a mono amp when you have speakers left and right

http://www.woofersetc.com/c-172-speakers/c-15-midrange-speakers/c-106-7-8-and-9/p-4777-supremo-sw-9-morel-9-200-watt-rms-subwoofer.html

This is what is know as an add on midbass driver

Or you have a 2way comps 4ohm

You add this and have now will see 2ohm load at amp with equal power going to mid as comp set

I like to run my mids with the same rms as my comps so as my mid will see or 75rms my my mid/high will see a %of 75rms

5223262F-06BD-40B3-8C4E-8244B42FCF86_zps

Sorry took so long

If you use a mid on mono amp you will receive mono sound. Witch will just sound like crap

And if you use you stanard 4ch amp you will need to split the signal like in the drawing so as you bandpass the mid and high pass the highmid and high

I think the morel set the lowpass at 320hz on the midbass

The way to wire them correctly is to use passive crossovers otherwise the same sound will come from different speakers and will cancel each other out

you say you have a 4ch now

How to you have it wires

4 speakers(2 sets) 1 to each ch?

The comps have been split to tweeter to 1ch mid to other?

Bi-amping through the supplies crossovers with mid/high?

With a crossover between the speakers and amp it's one thing. Though the crossover points will shift when the speakers impedance is not the same as the crossover was designed for. If you have a crossover that is designed for a 2 ohm mid range and 4 ohm midbass you will be fine. If the crossover is not designed like that you will run into some issues.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I am running an active set up 3 way from my pioneer 80prs one for bass one for mids and one for highs..I have a 2 way component set up and each set is 2ohms.....but the woofers are 2 ohms and the tweeters are 4 ohms in this component set. So i have an 4 ohm load on my 4 channel amp for the tweeters on channels 1 and 2 and the midrange speaker from the component set are wired to 2.6 ohms right now on channels 3/4 with everything on the amp but subsonic and gains set to stock/ full range

Archived