scooter99 Posted May 7, 2015 Report Posted May 7, 2015 Ok guys, I'm getting down to it, starting to get ready to get started on my cabin sound. Platform is a 2006 Ford F250 crew cab. In the cabin I have the following to go in: 2 DC Audio M38's (mid bass / front sub bass) Ampere Audio AA200.1 for those 4 Sets Ampere Audio AA6.5 Components (waiting for them to ship, preordered a while ago) Ampere Audio AA150.4 for those Sub platform will be 4 DC XL15's with AR cones in a 4th order blow through. Looking at probably a pair of Ampere Audio AA5000.1's for power. The 8's are going in a center console sealed enclosure. My dilemma is what to do on component format. I have two kids, rear fill is a must. SO at least one set is going back there. But do I do a balanced install and do 1 set per door all the way around (2 mids 2 tweets per door)? OR Do I do 3 sets up front (3 mids and 3 tweets per front door) and then one set in the rear doors? As far as how to run them, I'd like to run them active off of the 150.4. Mids would be run off of 2 channels, and the tweets off of the other 2 channels. If I were to separate the front and rear stages, I'll need a second 150.4. If I run them passive, then I can obviously run them one set per channel, and use a fading ability to lower the rears if I need or want to. Everything is already purchased, and all is in hand with exception of the comps which are on a boat somewhere or in route or something. Thoughts? Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
Keith77 Posted May 7, 2015 Report Posted May 7, 2015 Thats a whole lot of chit going in there But im no help.. Carry on Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born. My penis is bigger than your penis I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.
scooter99 Posted May 7, 2015 Author Report Posted May 7, 2015 Thanks buddy. Yes it is. My concern btw, is that if I do one set per door, that it'll draw too much to the back and not give me enough stage in front of me. I don't think I mentioned that in the OP. I am leaning towards just saying eff it and getting a second 150.4 and use it for the rear comps and run 3 comps up front on the first 150.4. That will give me a completely active set up, and still allow me to turn down the rears if I want to. Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
ToNasty Posted May 7, 2015 Report Posted May 7, 2015 One set per door should be fine. If not then 2 sets up front 1 in the rear. I'm not huge on running 100 speakers like some people do ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
scooter99 Posted May 7, 2015 Author Report Posted May 7, 2015 I'm leaning that way actually. If needed I guess I could add on later. Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
ToNasty Posted May 7, 2015 Report Posted May 7, 2015 In my opinion less is more. Having them properly staged helps a lot ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
OldsBoomer Posted May 7, 2015 Report Posted May 7, 2015 with enough power and running active a set per door should be enough up front. one set in the rears. Suburban Coming Soon
scooter99 Posted May 7, 2015 Author Report Posted May 7, 2015 I hear you. Actually if i do run one set per door, I can hook them up running the front 4 mids to one channel and the rear 4 mids to the other channel, same for the tweets, and I could use a volume knob between them to fade. I think. Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
OldsBoomer Posted May 7, 2015 Report Posted May 7, 2015 Id only do one in the rear Suburban Coming Soon
scooter99 Posted May 7, 2015 Author Report Posted May 7, 2015 And you think do 3 in the front? Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.