Second Skin Audio

can anyone identify the model of this 10" visonik single 4ohm

mike-g

So,what I'm thinking is I have 2 4ohm SVC, and a pioneer tsw259d4 duel 4ohm.I was thinking about wiring the 3 sub's with my 2 12" pioneer tsw 3003d4 4ohm dvc wired to 1ohm x 4000watt on a autotek m4000.1d amp (its no were near rated power,maybe 1200) I was thinking I could wire the 10's 1ohm and the amp has two +,- and go into 1 internally to make a 2 ohm load and be less stressful on the stock electric. Will I gain anything SPL, or bass wise with the extra sub's and would the lights in the car stop dimming so much at 2ohm x 2000watts would that not be enough power for all five sub's the svc 10's are 50-250watts RMS each(I think that's what the visonik is)the 10" dvc is

50-350watts RMS. And the 12's are 600 watts x 2 RMS.just wondering if I'd be better off at 2ohms with the five sub's or the 2 at 1 ohm

Or how about the power acoustic 10 2ohm 800watt rms dvc wired 1ohm and the 2 12's wired 1ohm would that be OK,if both loads are 1 ohm at the amp their shouldn't be any extravagent difference in power,not sure just figured I should be at 2 ohms and have 2 options to get there.any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

IMG_20150508_182203_zps1ujaowtu.jpg

I'm thinking I'll post on Craigslist and try to sell everything I can 3 10's and 2 12's the pioneer 10 dvc I'll be stuck with due to damage/crood repair and a couple amps,maybe I can get about 400$ for everything 5 subs, a Kenwood 600w x2 amp,pyramid pb779 2000w x 2 amp,and a Memphis pr50.4.and buy some decent sub's for the 400$ 2x12's since I just built a ported enclosure 3cubes net @35hz, any suggestions for about 200$ a sub and 500w RMS each that would be better than my current set up with 2 12 pioneer tsw3003d4 ?or one sub ? I could buy now, but my wife wants me to sell all the junk I got lol, before I buy anything else.looking at everyone else's equipment I'm out of my league lol, and I didn't accomplish what I wanted to when I bought my current set up.I appreciate any input thanks

Selling it all and getting some some matching 12's is a good idea.

3 cubes is a little smaller for a pair 12's though if that's all the space you have to work with I'd go with some 10's.

There are a bunch of decent budget subs in that price range.

Check out the Dayton audio subs on parts express, they get very good reviews and are very budget friendly.

https://www.parts-express.com/brand/dayton-audio/301?N=4294967060+4294967118+4294964964&Nrs=collection%28%29%2Frecord%5Bendeca%3Amatches%28.%2C%22P_PortalID%22%2C%221%22%29+and+endeca%3Amatches%28.%2C%22P_Searchable%22%2C%221%22%29%5D&Ns=P_BestPrice%7C0&PortalID=1&brandSelected=t

It would also be best to build a new enclosure unless the one you have matches the requirements for the new subs you chose.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I have a autotek m4000.1d with 2 x 70 amp fuses and 2 matching 12's pioneer tsw3003d4 I bought them not really knowing to much except what I googled and thought they were decent. Based on reviews against some decent name brands kicker,infinity,fosgates sure it was lower end stuff idk and I came across a Steve Meade site were it said he set records with a lot of these sub's or I thought it was these.they sound OK, but I wanted a lot better when I bought this set up in Feb. 2015 to replace the 4 mismatchedmismatched 10" subs and the pyramid 2000w amp with 2 x 20amp fuses, thinking I was buying goood shit for the money,compared to what I had its gotta be better. Lol . I just had a lot more expectations.thanks for the input I'm gonna post on local Craigslist and try and step my game up lol.thanks to everyone for advice on my other post I've learned a ton smd forum about getting what you pay for, my first set up was 2 12" kicker silver cvrs and a pioneer 750w mono amp 7yrs ago and thought that was loud,then nothing for 5 yrs until the 4 tens

And started researching now I want louderrr lol against what the wife says.anyways thanks for the knowledge everyone much appreciated.

Joe x suggested the enclosure based on the 12's ,I think anyways they probably couldn't handle much bigger its 4.1cuft gross. idk it works well for now, just not loud/deep enough to me. I've never heard quality sub's so looking forward toto my first good set up.

Yes man, upgrade, If you are not going with a larger box DC Audio 12" subs can work in similar airspace and be much louder, if you can go with a larger box Sundown SA-12 are affordable and high performance, you can put 2K on a couple of those.

Archived