RooTxBeeR Posted May 10, 2015 Report Posted May 10, 2015 So I never used torres to design a forward facing box. My question is, in this design I have 2 extra baffles. For a total of 3" on the front baffle. The cutout is showing it like there is no baffle in my eyes. I want the front baffle to screw onto the box. So I can't have the cut out piece be in inside dimension. It's throwing me off right now trying to figure out the cuts. If I where to do it like I am describing, my bottom and top boards should be 30x15.5 right? To accommodate the back board, and the 3" on the front. Correct? Edit: Also need displacement for dd9515j On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
OrionStang Posted May 10, 2015 Report Posted May 10, 2015 Yes, subtract 3" if you want the baffles on front, and another inch if you want the same for the back (30x15.5). Then you need to add 2" in Height for the baffle and back, 30x18. The cut sheet numbers it shows for the sides don't make sense, should be 16x15.5(somebody please double check m math). Tl;dr version Top and bottom: 30x15.5 Sides: 16x15.5 Baffles and back: 30x18 SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
RooTxBeeR Posted May 10, 2015 Author Report Posted May 10, 2015 Yes, subtract 3" if you want the baffles on front, and another inch if you want the same for the back (30x15.5). Then you need to add 2" in Height for the baffle and back, 30x18. The cut sheet numbers it shows for the sides don't make sense, should be 16x15.5(somebody please double check m math). Tl;dr version Top and bottom: 30x15.5 Sides: 16x15.5 Baffles and back: 30x18 Ok I figured. That's a problem then. The port is 15" long. and if you account for 2" through the front baffle, that is still only 17" of space. So the ports will be 2" short of the required depth of the back wall. I also don't have the subs displacement yet which I am sure once I add, I will have to make the box a bit bigger which will be done with increasing the depth. Thanks man. Edit: Me and my buddy did the math, displacement comes out to .46 based off the measurements DD provided, On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Joe X Posted May 10, 2015 Report Posted May 10, 2015 Like this: Enclosure Specifications:Fb = 39.4 HzVb = 3.65 ft^3External Height = 18 inExternal Width = 30 inExternal Depth = 19.5 inCut Sheet List:* All Dimensions in Inches.* Wood Thickness is 1 for all Parts.External Enclosure Parts:3 x Front & Back = 30 x 18Left & Right Sides = 15 1/2 x 16Top & Bottom = 30 x 15 1/2Port Quantity and Dimensions:Number of Ports = 3Pipe Port Diameter = 4Pipe Port Length = 15 Ports on the side or mod to partially external.
RooTxBeeR Posted May 10, 2015 Author Report Posted May 10, 2015 I figured in displacement of the sub and that allowed me to go deeper on the box. I am still short on the port clearance so looking more into it. On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
OrionStang Posted May 10, 2015 Report Posted May 10, 2015 I think you'd be ok even if you only had 2 or 3 inches between the ports and back wall. You using flares on both ends? SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
RooTxBeeR Posted May 10, 2015 Author Report Posted May 10, 2015 Well we will be making them out of PVC so it will have a little bit of a flare. Nothing perfect like a precision aero or something. On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
OrionStang Posted May 10, 2015 Report Posted May 10, 2015 Id say at least 3" then. Better if you can get the full 4. Might have to do a little external. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
RooTxBeeR Posted May 10, 2015 Author Report Posted May 10, 2015 Scratch that Edit: Somehow, I don't know where. Get 18" for the height which is not right. It's 16". So we are now looking at 16"H 29"W 24.75"D. Port is 3x 4" aeros with lengths of 15.75. Box is tuned to 36Hz with 3.75Cuft of space. Gives us 5" of clearance on the backside of the ports. All is sorted out now. On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.