bcbrassard Posted May 11, 2015 Report Posted May 11, 2015 Yeah haha no kidding. The first thing he did when he got the car was ask me to put subs in it and now door speakers. The only thing I fret about with door speakers is running the new speaker wires through the door gourmet. Find out which wires go to the speakers from inside the kicks and run your new wires to that point and tap into them from before the doors. NOOOOO, dont do it. Save all the stock wiring and speakers for resale. Run all new up to factory location of speakers. I never cut factory wiring if i dont have too. Too many tools and vids to get wire all the wa thru easily. Door panel will be off anyway right? I put a molex plug on the ends in that situation so I can just plug them back together if needed.Plugs on the new speaker wire and the stock stuff make the switch simple. Some cars you have to drill holes to get into the doors and not everyone is cool with that. Well you didnt say that! but sounds more advances than OP can handle maybe. ?
bcbrassard Posted May 11, 2015 Report Posted May 11, 2015 If the option is available running all new is what I do as well but it isn't always an option. And yes all new would be the better method. I know you know your shit and do it right man.
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted May 11, 2015 Report Posted May 11, 2015 If the option is available running all new is what I do as well but it isn't always an option. And yes all new would be the better method. aI know you know your shit and do it right man. Sometimes lol.I've had my dumb moments just like anyone else. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
BigManAC Posted May 11, 2015 Author Report Posted May 11, 2015 I can run all new wire thats not a problem. I did it in my car for my front doors. The only problem I had with my car is that damn gourmet lol. I ended up just drilling a hole and making a new gourmet. I know though that he doesnt want me drilling into his car so I might try the clothes hanger method. 2001 Saturn L200-Sony MEX-BT4100PFRONT STAGE:- (4) Crescendo PWX 6- Cadence XA250.2SUB STAGE:-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)-Crescendo BC2kELECTRICAL:- Singer 240A alt - XS Power D3400- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gaugeBuild Log: Click HereScores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted May 11, 2015 Report Posted May 11, 2015 Being a newer car it likely has a hard plastic connector that all the wires pass through that you will have to find an empty space on and drill a hole for the wires to pass through. Like this, That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
BigManAC Posted May 11, 2015 Author Report Posted May 11, 2015 Of course it does haha. Ill figure something out. 2001 Saturn L200-Sony MEX-BT4100PFRONT STAGE:- (4) Crescendo PWX 6- Cadence XA250.2SUB STAGE:-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)-Crescendo BC2kELECTRICAL:- Singer 240A alt - XS Power D3400- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gaugeBuild Log: Click HereScores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted May 11, 2015 Report Posted May 11, 2015 It's still fairly simple you just have to pay close attention to where you drill. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
BigManAC Posted May 11, 2015 Author Report Posted May 11, 2015 The only thing Im trying to do now is find a 5.25 component set. So far I have looked at the RF T252-S, the Focal Performance 130AS, and the Focal Integration ISS 130. 2001 Saturn L200-Sony MEX-BT4100PFRONT STAGE:- (4) Crescendo PWX 6- Cadence XA250.2SUB STAGE:-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)-Crescendo BC2kELECTRICAL:- Singer 240A alt - XS Power D3400- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gaugeBuild Log: Click HereScores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted May 11, 2015 Report Posted May 11, 2015 I'd take him to some stores and have him listen to them if possible. Last thing you want is to order something he doesn't like the sound of. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
BigManAC Posted May 11, 2015 Author Report Posted May 11, 2015 Good point. 'Ill go around to a few shops I know around here. One I cant go back to though since me and the owner kinda got into when I was trying to get a job there. Long story short his business ethics were horrible and he treated people that didnt want to spend more than 2k like shit and that didnt sit well with me. There are other stores though. 2001 Saturn L200-Sony MEX-BT4100PFRONT STAGE:- (4) Crescendo PWX 6- Cadence XA250.2SUB STAGE:-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)-Crescendo BC2kELECTRICAL:- Singer 240A alt - XS Power D3400- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gaugeBuild Log: Click HereScores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.