Black Beauty Project Build - 06 Ford F-250 Super Duty **1/27/18 - New pics starting on page 41**

Thanks Mizzle!

Yes the volume control piece, remote, whatever you want to name it, that will be mounted in my custom center console. I'm going to make it so that I doesn't have to be, in case I don't know why just in case other than just versatility. The ability to mount it nicely, and the ability to have it completely loose and able to go outside of the truck. If you think about it, looking at the original cover (the thick one) on that case, It'll match that, so the screw holes will line up to attach it to the case but then it'll be extended like another half inch or something like that with I'm thinking just two center holes so it can be flush mounted, or whatever with two screws instead of 4. I could also make a face just like the original one, without the mounting wings so it can float freely and move outside of the truck if wanted.

Mainly though, I'll just have it mounted. I'm not competing or anything and I'm certainly not going to be loud enough to not sit in there. So really that's probably the best option, I just have other options if I want. It will be mounted right at hand level so I can always have access to it without moving too much. I'm lazy, that's a must. lol

Ok back to the amp case. Nothing big happened last night other than these pics which aren't a big deal. But check it out.

I checked the test piece now that the paint has dried. This one is the stock side.

11951861_310291425761473_115387733433506

Here is the side that I cut. After looking at this side comparing it to the other stock side, I'm not so unhappy with it anymore. After the paint went on, and this is just one light coat, it looks pretty good. I could maybe do a little etching primer, or primer primer, or filler primer, and then paint it, and it may hide all of the cut marks, but quite frankly, it's the side, you're not going to see it much and I think the way it is it isn't bad at all. So I'm pretty happy with it. The flat black, is just a little flatter than the stock color. I may see about getting a little bit more sheen on it, but I think it's really close. I'll probably just go with it.

11951103_310291435761472_484536985962990

So that was all I did. Nothing really. Tonight I'm packing for my vacation so I won't be doing anything then either. So the next time I get on it will be next week sometime. But I think the next few steps will be big ones and I think things will start really picking up then. I'm anxious to get this up and working!

Quick question ya'll. Well nothing is ever quick with me is it, so scratch that. Just a question.

I was thinking about using the Vu-Din for volume monitoring. I'm just not sure where to use it. My thought is this, see if you can follow and let me know if I'm on track or not.

First of all looking at the wires, it looks like there's a red (power) blue (remote) black (gnd), and then separately there's a white and a gray wire. My assumption is that those are the signals for left and right. Is that correct?

So here's what i'm thinking. Signal will becoming into the SDU from the front HDMI Converter. Then going into the BLD. It will come out of the BLD, through the cable, to the remote with the knobs. That signal will go into the main volume knob input. So then coming out of it, I am going to each knob's input. But also with that, I could also attach the Vu-Din to that, so that when I turn the main volume up and down, I can watch it on the Vu-Din.

The system will be set up based on that main volume being at Max volume unclipped anyway, so then I can set the rest of the amps and volume knobs with the DD-1 accordingly. So I should't really have to worry about monitoring those. Just the main volume being monitored.

Does all that sound good? Let me know please.

I'd love to not use the Vu-Din but quite frankly it really is a great piece. I'd love to hear your thoughts guys. Thanks. Even suggestions on a different piece to monitor that volume level would be welcomed too.

LOL. That's a great point there man. But, I'm pretty safe, even when I don't look like it. Lots of experience with saws.

Thanks for checking this out.

I was really pushing myself last night to try and get those knobs put together and desoldered and get the new wires soldered on to them, but it just didn't work out. So that will be the big start next week. CA glue them together, and get the solder cleaned up and wires pulled out and then get the new wires all soldered on and ready for a connector of some sort. Need to see what's in my stash before I decide if I want to go buy any or not.

I was thinking of using something like these: http://shop.rc-electronic.com/CONNECTORS/WING-AND-FUSELAGE-CONNECTORS/ROOKIE-LINE/D-Sub-connector-15pin-plug-socket.htm?shop=k_emcotec_e&a=article&ProdNr=A85071&p=3726 I like the fact that it can be held in with screws so the connection is nice and tight and not wiggling around which could cause noise.

I would think about using an RGB connector cable, it's got plenty of pins in it (15) but I'm not sure if it'll be shielded enough and allow noise in. Remember we're dealing with signals here, not power and ground etc which won't come through the speakers.

More R&D woot!! :woot:

Ok I just purchased a couple of breakout boards for HDMI. I had a crazy idea today and I'm just going to see if it will work. My thought is if I can use these, then I can have a much better smaller cable to run. We'll see in the next couple of weeks.

11892480_310579932399289_799104028935078

Hey everyone. Nothing to update. Still waiting for some deliveries. I was going to work on some other stuff this week, but it's been a busy week and hot as hell. So I've not gotten to anything at all. I'll see about what I can maybe start on this weekend.

Archived