Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

sub frequencies missing in the front seat.


Recommended Posts

Posted

I have a very basic audio system in my car. It has a subwoofer in a sealed enclosure in the trunk against the backseat facing backwards. The problem is when i sit in the Front seat i don't hear frequencies around 70hz or 80hz (i only hear them when i move my head down). But in the Back seat they are loud and clear.

I tried moving my subwoofer around in the trunk in differnt positions until i found a spot (with sub near trunk Opening facing backward) when i heard loud 70hz while sitting in the Front seat but not as loud or same as like sitting in the back seat.

Has anyone got suggestions ? Please help

Posted

70+ hz is on the high end range of subs playing ability... Usually you'd have your mids and highs take over around 60ish ...

Not saying you have to do that though

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

 

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

 

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Posted

I don't think that's a sub problem. What kind of car do you have? You might just have some little dinky ass speakers in the front door and 6x9s behind the backseat coming from the trunk making those frequencies easier to hear. Just a guess though.

Posted

I don't think that's a sub problem. What kind of car do you have? You might just have some little dinky ass speakers in the front door and 6x9s behind the backseat coming from the trunk making those frequencies easier to hear. Just a guess though.

I have corolla 2010. You are right. I have mtx t6c693 6x9s at the back seat and running stock speakers in the front doors. Hopefully i'll upgrade them and check to see a difference later after my exams next month. Thanks :)

Edit: I turned off all 4 speakers with just the subwoofer playing and had the same problem. So it all depends on the postion where im sitting at.

Posted

Bolt your enclosure down.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Posted

70+ hz is on the high end range of subs playing ability... Usually you'd have your mids and highs take over around 60ish ...

Not saying you have to do that though

I think you are right because 60hz and below is fine where ever i sit, because they are non-directional. But 70hz and other frequencies around it are either loud or not audible depending on my position where i'm sitting at.
Posted

Roll your window down. lol

I'll try that. Thanks. But it's very hot here in the middle east so turning on A/C is must.

It actually does make a difference lots of times, but I know it doesn't solve your problem.

It sounds like it's just a characteristic of your car.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 326 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...