Sonic Electronix

Factory big 3 is 4 gauge and fused at 300a, do I need to upgrade?

I'm going to be running ~2000 watts with 2 new agm batteries on a 150a stock alt with 0 gauge pos/neg ran going to the trunk. The car is a 2014 impala lt

I should be good with that right? I'm speaking about the big wire specifically but any input is appreciated.

Well your amp is a 150a so i don't know why you would fuse your big 3 with 300a. 300a is too big for the amp and the wire. So you're better with a 150A fuse..

See above post.

I'm asking: is there a need to add more wiring since the factory wires seem ample enough

I seriously doubt the factory put a 300 amp fuse in your car stock considering your apt would never even come close to being able to supply that much current.

Pics of said wire and fuse?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I seriously doubt the factory put a 300 amp fuse in your car stock considering your apt would never even come close to being able to supply that much current.

Pics of said wire and fuse?

Even with GM accounting for the stock battery before the upgrades he made, he would never need a 300 amp fuse and I've yet to see GM go overboard on the electrical of one of their standard vehicles.

Archived