Second Skin Audio

6 12'' Subs

basically maybe. the flared ports do two things. makes it smaller and channels the air flow. its called the venturi affect (i might be wrong). there are noticable gains SPL wise with them. I've use them in a few of my boxes and if you tune them low they are nice to work with. heres a link:

http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?&a...in&desc=ASC

you can make an adjustable port like Steve. I don't think Steve has really used it that much since he build it though. LOL.

again brotha thats my recommendation if you wanna get a little louder and lower. not sure if thats gonna work but, it has for us.

So,

what I'm getting from your post is.

If you want low and loud use aeroports?

So,

what I'm getting from your post is.

If you want low and loud use aeroports?

I wouldn't say thats the only way but definately easy.

I was going off his application too. We've built similair box designs like that in hatchbacks. woofers up and port back will definately get you loud. But, by the looks of his port and box its doesn't look like its tuned for music. It might be becuase I know Steve's is not long or big its small and short (I'm talking about his Port here damnit!!!!) My suggestions instead of ripping out the box and building another one salvage that one by using aero ports and he should be happy with the results.

again my .02

An entire 2dB. We couldn't believe it either after all the resin and MDF and filler that went into it.

Mind you, that's SPL. It doesn't always make sense...

i can believe that. SPL cars focus their pressure on the passenger side where the meter is. i was watchin one on tv one day...and there was somethin like a 15 db difference from the driver side to the meter side. they just channeled it all and focused it into one spot. forget the show...i wanna say it was myth busters :P

And another thing is that i have my box fitting full size of my hatch from the end of the backseat to almost my tailgate is that to big

I need measurments to be sure but I'd assume you got something like 5-6 cubes. Most 12's take anywhere from 1-2 cubes for a ported enclosure so your about right I think.

i can believe that. SPL cars focus their pressure on the passenger side where the meter is. i was watchin one on tv one day...and there was somethin like a 15 db difference from the driver side to the meter side. they just channeled it all and focused it into one spot. forget the show...i wanna say it was myth busters :P

you are correct sir. that was the episode that they made the sub powered by the drive shaft in the car.

Need any thing chromed? Hit me up!!!

gamer tag: (360)

mEmEnToMoRi64

My Myspace

refs:

from here: RollinSoLow, Derrick824, Ray

from c.a.c.o. : teamsubgopoof, splvictim20, SundownAudioNY

from C.A.J. : Donpisto, spladdict19, CAJunkyard, JBLCAMRY, DasBot (robot underground)

from ca.com: alxmlr789,photocrazy8

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

2c27c692.jpg