Sonic Electronix

Non-invasive Mounting Solution

So here's what I'm working with.

I have bypassed my factory headunit/ navigation so I can run a 80PRS. I created a box that holds the unit and had intentions on mounting it to the side of my center console due to the fact that I have no where else I can put it that can be easily accessible to control volume and make setting changes on the fly. I have tried using Velcro and industrial strength DualLock with no luck. The problem isn't that its not staying together, the problem is that its not staying stuck to the center console. I took all the correct steps. I cleaned the surface with denatured alcohol and pre-paint cleaner before sticking them down. I even took a heat gun and warmed both surfaces to try and help with adhesion.

Any ideas from anyone?!

pictures would help....any reason you don't want to screw/bolt the box on? I ask because sticking it would've left adhesive marks if it stuck.....which leads me to believe you don't care about the side of it.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

pictures would help....any reason you don't want to screw/bolt the box on? I ask because sticking it would've left adhesive marks if it stuck.....which leads me to believe you don't care about the side of it.

Because I don't want to drill through the side of my center console.

Since you're dead set on running this head unit in this fashion (from your other thread), you could use a couple pieces of backstrap bent into a REAL tight U-shape. Tuck one side up under the center console plastic and the other side obviously screws to the wood case you made. You could even couple this with whatever holding power the velcro has.

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

You have your box the HU is in correct?. Use a router bit to put a little divet in the box where you want the magnets to go, and then find a way to put the magnets on your center console where you want it. It shouldn't affect the HU. Easy way to find out, when you router those divets, just put one magnet in without glueing it or anything and then test gravity to see if it falls. If it don't fall, it's being attracted to the HU through the wood. But I doubt it will

Archived