Decibel ratings for music

You got your answer and still kept going on and on this isn't that difficult.

Why make it harder than it needs to be?

All you have kept saying is you don't think we understand when in reality it is you who doesn't understand but whatever I'm out.

Good luck, I think you'll need it.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

What doesn't make sense to me is how the 0dB track could only be ~82dB. If music today is recorded much higher, then that track should also be much higher. I'm not sure how you found that but I don't believe it's the correct measurement.

I have not found the value of the SMD CD yet. I found some test tones in a few threads below this one within this forum. The guy generated a lot of tones himself and the 500hz and 1000hz registered at 103dB, but the 40hz was very low and trying to bring it up to 89dB made it clip... I'm working on downloading some now but haven't had any luck.

Oh and your original question was should I use the cd that came with the dd-1 just in case you forgot.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

All you have kept saying is you don't think we understand when in reality it is you who doesn't understand but whatever I'm out.

Yet you still never answered my question and actually you answered it wrong on page one. But thanks for your help.

What doesn't make sense to me is how the 0dB track could only be ~82dB. If music today is recorded much higher, then that track should also be much higher. I'm not sure how you found that but I don't believe it's the correct measurement.

I have not found the value of the SMD CD yet. I found some test tones in a few threads below this one within this forum. The guy generated a lot of tones himself and the 500hz and 1000hz registered at 103dB, but the 40hz was very low and trying to bring it up to 89dB made it clip... I'm working on downloading some now but haven't had any luck.

Got it. Sorry. Using mobile (even though my laptop is on and open in front me) and switching back and forth to keep track of everything is difficult. How did you find that the track was at the dB level? With your program?

Yet you still never answered my question and actually you answered it wrong on page one. But thanks for your help.

Yeah I actually did.

If you use say -5db to set your gains and you've set all your music to the same level then guess what it's all going to be at the same level when you play it, the gain can't move itself.

Fucking magic I tell you.

I already told you this if you look back.

Bye bye now.

Got it. Sorry. Using mobile (even though my laptop is on and open in front me) and switching back and forth to keep track of everything is difficult. How did you find that the track was at the dB level? With your program?

Yes, it shows the level on volume in dB within the program. A 103dB song will be much louder than an 89dB song. If I could just find out the dB rating of the test tone CD I would be very happy.

Yeah I actually did.

If you use say -5db to set your gains and you've set all your music to the same level then guess what it's all going to be at the same level when you play it, the gain can't move itself.

Fucking magic I tell you.

I already told you this if you look back.

Bye bye now.

That is correct, but I can't change the dB of the CD, so using the CD is not the correct answer. Using an 84dB track (which equates to a -5dB tone) is the correct answer to "use the -5dB tone".

-5dB is a relative number, you have to know where you start to make -5dB mean anything.

No need to get all pissy about it.

You can download the DD-1 tracks off of the D'Amore site I believe. If they're 103 dB, then you should be fine using the -15dB tone for your music of 89dB. I don't believe the 1dB difference between your music and the tone will hurt it at all.

You can download the DD-1 tracks off of the D'Amore site I believe. If they're 103 dB, then you should be fine using the -15dB tone for your music of 89dB. I don't believe the 1dB difference between your music and the tone will hurt it at all.

never seen anyone that uses the -15 that dont know better.... just saying...

Archived