Second Skin Audio

need quick help with pvc port sizing, i am bad at math!

Hey guys so i took a 4" pvc pipe and ported my box.. Sounds good, but now the lows are completely gone.... What did i do wrong? The pipe is 13 inches long and sticks out the box about an inch. Just want some decent lows sound until i get another sub

i'm going to have to ask the hard questions arent i?

ok,

what vehicle,

where is the box in the vehicle

what direction is the sub facing

what direction is the port facing

how much open space is in front of the port

pics of box in the vehicle please

Facing forward from the trunk not sealed off.

He pm'd me the other day.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

i'm going to have to ask the hard questions arent i?

ok,

what vehicle,

where is the box in the vehicle

what direction is the sub facing

what direction is the port facing

how much open space is in front of the port

pics of box in the vehicle please

The car is a lexus gs430

The box is against the backseat

Like audio addict said the sub is facing trunk, and the port is facing trunk also. There is about 2 feet open space in the trunk. I tried to slide the subwoofer closer to the trunk and it did not help.

Hey guys so i took a 4" pvc pipe and ported my box.. Sounds good, but now the lows are completely gone.... What did i do wrong? The pipe is 13 inches long and sticks out the box about an inch. Just want some decent lows sound until i get another sub

You need 4" clearace from the internal end of the port to the back wall.

You need 4" clearace from the internal end of the port to the back wall.

Thanks for the reply, just redid the port with 4 inch clearence from the wall. It still hits the notes the same. Should i add another 4 inch port? If so does location matter for a second port? When my box was sealed and the lows hit it would look like my doors were slowely flexing open. Now the bass feels like its trying to shock my brain

If you add a second port it will have to be longer than the one thats in there now, and you will have to lengthen your original port.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived