running fuse / circuit breaker

Will it blow the fuse if you fuse right at your current demand?

Not in my opinion.

If you fuse below your current demand maybe it will.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

There are a couple of safe ways to fuse. The "text book" method being use a fuse rated as the maximum current capability of the wire being fused.

I too have used larger than needed wire to power smaller amps, is it "wrong", no. If this thread is about safety the fact remains, a fuse is better than no fuse, unless its the wrong fuse, then you might as well not fused at all.. Go figure that ninja shit out!

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

It's tough to give advice sometimes, because you'd give different advice to a total noob than you would to someone that knows a little bit.

It's easier to just give a noob a chart that shows what wire gauge to use for what their length/current demands are and say "fuse for the wire" than it is to get into what the particulars of their system are and figure out what fuse they can get by with.

meh, I have a 150amp fuse on my power wire that feeds a t1500 and a t400. Works fine for me.

It probably works because of fuse block rise.

ok call me a noob but what is fuse block rise?

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

meh, I have a 150amp fuse on my power wire that feeds a t1500 and a t400. Works fine for me.

It probably works because of fuse block rise.

ok call me a noob but what is fuse block rise?

I was just joking because of all the talk about "box rise" which is actually impedance rise. There is no fuse block rise.

Archived