Ahmed Johnson Posted May 24, 2015 Report Posted May 24, 2015 You probably wouldn't smell shit if you had a better alternator. I would take the money you were planning on using to buy 2 HDC3's and get an alternator first. If you still smell something then get the HDC3's.
Jordan Thurston Posted May 24, 2015 Author Report Posted May 24, 2015 How would an alternator help with that ? My voltage isn't dropping much at all 12.5 at the lowest
reedal Posted May 24, 2015 Report Posted May 24, 2015 How would an alternator help with that ? My voltage isn't dropping much at all 12.5 at the lowest 12.5 is low. You want as little drop as possible. 13.8-14.4 is optimal on a 12v system. If you're getting below 13.3v, in my opinion, an alternator needs to be your next purchase, not subs. Then either buy the right equipment or find someone local to you who has it to set gains right. The more voltage goes down, the less efficient the amplifier is, the more heat is created, and the ability to cleanly reproduce the signal diminishes. SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
reedal Posted May 24, 2015 Report Posted May 24, 2015 I have an alpine mrx-m240 i guess what I'm worried about is the hds312s blowing on me and I'm sure I won't have to worry about it with the hdc3s I've got my two hds312's wired at 2ohms on a Q1-3500 (2600W@2ohm) and the only time I get coil smell is a song that is recorded at a different level than what tone I set my gain with. Mine are also a couple years old, so your smell could just be them getting started if you only recently bought them. They start off a little smelly. Mine did. SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
Jordan Thurston Posted May 24, 2015 Author Report Posted May 24, 2015 Ok i will go ahead and order the 270 amp alternator that should be fine I don't plan on going much bigger than what I have now and the subs are fairly new haven't played the very hard yet so that's probably why I'm smelling them. Does singer make decent alternators?
reedal Posted May 24, 2015 Report Posted May 24, 2015 Singer is highly recommended by damn near everyone on this forum that has used his alts. My 270 from him should be here in a couple weeks (hopefully sooner). I've yet to hear or see anything bad about his CS or equipment. SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
Jordan Thurston Posted May 24, 2015 Author Report Posted May 24, 2015 Ok good he's the only one I've found that makes an alternator for my car I'm going to order mine in a couple weeks
reedal Posted May 24, 2015 Report Posted May 24, 2015 Cool. He'll answer any question you ask to the best of his ability, and it takes about 4-6 weeks for machining and shipping as per what he told me. I can't wait for mine to get here. gotta run more wire though. SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
LT.Smoke Posted May 24, 2015 Report Posted May 24, 2015 No vs threads Team MaxRetribution Si Vis Pacem Parabellum Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6 Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.