2012 Malibu system upgrades: wiring & prep.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it is a RF build so the decal goes with the theme. But a storm trooper decal might look good too. I need some black to offset all that white.

Box looks good. How's she liking the system? I remember when I first installed my wife's system, she was going crazy with the bass.

Thanks, she is beginning to like it, but knows more work will need to be done before finished and she just hates the time it takes to get the work done.

Progress today was good. I started out sanding the box and adding 2 more coats of Arctic White and then 3 coats of clear. For now the box is done with paint. Looks pretty good. I have the speaker to install, wiring & Decals to add.

Beautiful July 3rd, got up to 83 degrees. I played in the yard and was able to get about 7 hrs of work in on the system. Off to the drag races tomorrow so work will have to continue Sunday.

Rear deck removed.

IMG_2260_zps8rcl7aqu.jpg

2012 Malibu's are made poorly, thin metal that is week. Lots of possible rattles to deal with but not going to invest to much time into deadening.

IMG_2261_zpsue0dwipx.jpg

Stock speakers out.

IMG_2262_zpspeabzcyy.jpg

Stock 8 ohm speakers VS RF T169s.

Boom Mat and wired in.

IMG_2264_zpsvq5jmvjz.jpg

Speaker in and tested with Boom Mat. Major Failure.....Sounded punchy with no low end. I ended up installing both speakers with the Boom Mat and then cutting it off from inside the trunk. now it sounds better.

Sound deadened rear deck with about 50 percent coverage.

I deadened a little of the floor behind the seats.

IMG_2268_zpstwrmwu8m.jpg

I left speaker wires long to go to the T400-4 ing the future.

The speakers sound good off HU power. The wife is impressed and i had to laugh. I told her those speakers are only getting about 15 watts at best and will get 75 rms when the amps in. She is starting to get excited but still lots left to do.

Sunday i want to work on putting trunk panels back in and working on amp & LC7 layout on the back of the box. Plus get sub and wiring ready. Weekends are to short for these kind of projects. Winter i could work 12+ hrs a day and really get some shit done.

Will update sunday night. Thanks for tuning in.

You guys got some cool wives if they like bass, mine hated it, but if bass was off then complained about it being all "treble" so take that for what it's worth...

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Archived