Do i need a new alternator?

Heck, I bet if you threw the R1200.1D on those SA's it might surprise you.

i did, it was pretty much exactly the same as the hifonics

Did you have the same issues with voltage drop with the rf amp compared to the hifonics? you won't hear that much difference when so called doubling power with the hifonics.probably same output but more strain on electrical.

I also asked this earlier, was never answered. The difference your amp will put out between 12v-14v, won't make a major difference. The biggest difference you will notice is from the box. What was the old box, and what is the new box. Sealed? Ported? Size? Port area? Port Tuning?

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

you havent said what box you have.. just the cone area should make it louder on same power.. the problem could be the box together with voltage drop

Have you done the big 4? do u have a stock battery underhood or agm. What is your electrical like? Also what is your box like?

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

so if you have a 100 amp alt and an amp that required 200 amps to run at full output, will the amp be able to play its full output for a short period of time just because the batteries capacity, or will the amp never output its max power because the alternators only generating half of the needed amps

Excluding all of the other factors that go into amplifiers producing power to a subwoofer, you might get it for a second, five seconds, ten, maybe. Assuming you've expended your 100A alt, and you have a perfect battery/battery bank which will hold 14.4V or 13.8 or whatever your amplifier was rated at. But it depends on how big your bank is and how often you top it off. You're better off with getting an alternator (or two or three or however many you can fit and your engine can crank) that meets your amperage requirements than relying solely on batteries.

Archived