Joe Kralovetz Posted June 15, 2015 Author Report Posted June 15, 2015 So with me running the X12 what would you recommend? as far as box size and port size as well as type of port. kinda sad this box sounds better with the port plugged then unplugged tried that last night out of boredom and it hit a lot deeper sealed.. I just bought a sheet of 1" mdf wood 4' x 8' so I'm looking for a box design to build would like to be tuned around 28-32hertz but I don't have the biggest trunk. was 38" wide X 30" deep for trunk size (that leaves me room for components) . I went onto the sundown audio site and looked at the box specs they have and did some research, ppl that built a box to them specs said the sub sounded bad in that box. 2007 Chevy Equinox Pioneer AVH-X5800BHS Big 3 2 runs of 2/0 Welding cable 2 - XS Power D3400 Batteries in Parallel - Fused at 250A Alpine MRP-2000D - Temp amp. 1 - ZV4 15" Rev 1
RooTxBeeR Posted June 15, 2015 Report Posted June 15, 2015 I am not super familiar with port area, but that should be more than enough for a single 12. And that thing is tuned pretty high for what you want. As well, it has a lot of port area, so you probably can't go too much lower than your tuning. On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Joe X Posted June 15, 2015 Report Posted June 15, 2015 So with me running the X12 what would you recommend? as far as box size and port size as well as type of port. kinda sad this box sounds better with the port plugged then unplugged tried that last night out of boredom and it hit a lot deeper sealed.. I just bought a sheet of 1" mdf wood 4' x 8' so I'm looking for a box design to build would like to be tuned around 28-32hertz but I don't have the biggest trunk. was 38" wide X 30" deep for trunk size (that leaves me room for components) . I went onto the sundown audio site and looked at the box specs they have and did some research, ppl that built a box to them specs said the sub sounded bad in that box. Sealed plays close to flat inside a vehicle, how did you like the sound?
Joe Kralovetz Posted June 15, 2015 Author Report Posted June 15, 2015 So with me running the X12 what would you recommend? as far as box size and port size as well as type of port. kinda sad this box sounds better with the port plugged then unplugged tried that last night out of boredom and it hit a lot deeper sealed.. I just bought a sheet of 1" mdf wood 4' x 8' so I'm looking for a box design to build would like to be tuned around 28-32hertz but I don't have the biggest trunk. was 38" wide X 30" deep for trunk size (that leaves me room for components) . I went onto the sundown audio site and looked at the box specs they have and did some research, ppl that built a box to them specs said the sub sounded bad in that box. Sealed plays close to flat inside a vehicle, how did you like the sound? Sounded pretty good, was deeper then with the port open. it was at 2am so I didn't have it full blast so didn't get to test it fully, but from what I could tell sealed sounded deeper and cleaner. When I did that I also noticed air coming from the dust cap in the front where the Sundown audio is painted on which pissed me off. So not sure if using it with the port sealed loosened the glue on the dust cap allowing a little air to come through or not either way I'll have to fix that cause just knowing its doing that will bug me. I was never a fan of sealed boxes cause of the simple fact I always had something go wrong when using one and this time was my dust cap leaking air... I am just trying to get ideas for a box that will give me the best sound this sub can produce without having to build a bunch of boxes to test it out. Watched a lot of videos read a lot of reviews everyone has different boxes for this sub and no one ever posted specs of their boxes. I really dislike the current prefab box I have cause its junk and this sub is tearing it apart so I have to build one that is more reliable. 2007 Chevy Equinox Pioneer AVH-X5800BHS Big 3 2 runs of 2/0 Welding cable 2 - XS Power D3400 Batteries in Parallel - Fused at 250A Alpine MRP-2000D - Temp amp. 1 - ZV4 15" Rev 1
Joe X Posted June 15, 2015 Report Posted June 15, 2015 You could try to extend the port from the outside with some cardboard to try some tuning options before deciding on a final spec to build, would be a pretty long port though.
Joe Kralovetz Posted July 13, 2015 Author Report Posted July 13, 2015 You could try to extend the port from the outside with some cardboard to try some tuning options before deciding on a final spec to build, would be a pretty long port though. I tried a few things wasn't much of a change, I gave up on the box for a single x12 cause im ordering another x12 so now I need to look into a box for two 12s 2007 Chevy Equinox Pioneer AVH-X5800BHS Big 3 2 runs of 2/0 Welding cable 2 - XS Power D3400 Batteries in Parallel - Fused at 250A Alpine MRP-2000D - Temp amp. 1 - ZV4 15" Rev 1
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.