I'm not here to discredit the device or u it happen an i'm not mad i just what to know what i did wrong i just took pictures of my dd-1 to prove i have one just want to know what i'm doing wrong i just order replacement cords for it they came yesterday i had the device for a year now an use it 3 times i keep it in the box it came in an i change the batteries i read on this forum that a guy's amp went in to protection mode using it he was told to replace the cord he did no more problems i'm just trying to found out if i did something wrong. (Please help what i'm i doing wrong i've used it 3 times prior to now i just fried 2 ch on my arc audio ks300.4 i did everything i needed to do to find the distortion number then i started to set the gain that's when it started to smoke ( WHAT I'M I DOING WRONG) please help i when back to the old way of setting the gain by ear an a multimeter.)

Edited by torrance78

Ok. Cool. Congrats on your purchase.

Your DD-1 can NOT damage your equipment. If your equipment is being damaged, it is entirely user/installer error, or manufacturing error.

The prior are a jl audio amp an 2 arc audio amps the 2 arc audio amp were installed at car tunes a local sound shop in michgan the jl audio was my friends it was installed on a road glide. The first arc audio amp was ks125.4 an i tuned that with the dd-1 an no problem the second amp is ks300.4. is where it take a turn for the worst. Sorry this is not my first rodeo with car audio that why i went back to doing it the old way by ear an multimeter an all 3 amp were new.

Edited by torrance78

Ok if it's user error then the first 2 amp should have been fried too right. I think all amp have a power an a ground an there a gain knob for adjusting. I'm not bashing the device, just trying to see if someone else had a problem with it an can help me understand what i could've done wrong.