BuckCity229 Posted June 2, 2015 Report Posted June 2, 2015 I've paid for 2 sub boxes, one pre fab and one custom. But neither were built specifically for me. I want to build my own box but I have never had any experience with building enclosures. I only do novice to moderate installs. I want to know how to build an adequate box for my car and what would be the best tuning to do, 3 different shops have told me 3 different frequencies.
RooTxBeeR Posted June 2, 2015 Report Posted June 2, 2015 So you paid for a custom enclosure that wasn't custom? Or you just bought a box that was custom built, but just not for your set up? On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
BuckCity229 Posted June 2, 2015 Author Report Posted June 2, 2015 I bought a box that was custom from someone else
Triticum Agricolam Posted June 2, 2015 Report Posted June 2, 2015 So just out of curiosity, what were the three different frequencies you were told to use? If you post the max dimensions of your space, what amp you are using, and what the goals of your system are I'm sure you will get some good suggestions here. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
BuckCity229 Posted June 2, 2015 Author Report Posted June 2, 2015 The three different frequencies have been 35 32 and 25. The box I have is 30w×17h×17l. I want one around 33w×17h×19d
STEvil Posted June 3, 2015 Report Posted June 3, 2015 car? sub(s)? amp(s)? pics? MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..." Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through. Hammerdown... 1% no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.
Joe X Posted June 3, 2015 Report Posted June 3, 2015 Also what are the specs of the boxes you tried and what did you find wrong with them that you may want to fix in the next one.
BuckCity229 Posted June 3, 2015 Author Report Posted June 3, 2015 car? sub(s)? amp(s)? pics? It's a 2015 Hyundai Elantra. Massive Audio Hippo 15 2 ohm. HIFONICS 3016.1D amp. And I'm new to this forum I don't know how to post pics.
BuckCity229 Posted June 3, 2015 Author Report Posted June 3, 2015 Also what are the specs of the boxes you tried and what did you find wrong with them that you may want to fix in the next one. the prefab box I have now is 30x17x17 and tuned to 40hz. I just feel it's not loud enough for all the power I have. My dad swears by 32hz and that's what I want to go with but I have little to no box building experience. I'm really interested in building it on my own. Why pay someone when I'm great with my hands plus I need the experience.
Joe X Posted June 3, 2015 Report Posted June 3, 2015 Your prefab maybe be about 3 cubic feet net with those dimensions, so rather short campared to the manufacturer's suggestion, also the prefab may not have enough port area. I would ask you how are the port and sub firing (front , up , back)? What electrical upgrades you have? How did you set your gains? Here's how to post pics on here: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160056-how-to-post-pictures-on-the-forum-photobucket/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.