Second Skin Audio

Tips To Get The Most Of Your Box.

PaulO2288

agreed box placement makes all the difference in the world...but now I have to figure out how to fix my port noise...its driving me crazy

What size and type of subs do you have? Port Area? and a suggestion could be to round off the port edges and make them circlular basically like a Flare. Eliminated my port noise.

Hi guys,this is just the kinda thread im looking for.I have a double ported box with 2 12inch subwoofers facing to the front of the car and just wanted to know will the bass travel further when the subs face to the front of the car or facing the rear of the car? My friend also told me i should let the subwoofers face ny roof or (upwards) then the bass will travel much further out of my hatchback? Any suggestions maybe.ammat please give me ur email addy then i can forward you a pic of my box and have a look at it and maybe give me some advice to how to improve my sub performance. Thanx again guys for this great thread.

the golden rule- *no prefab boxes* *ever*

also dont be stingy with money this is a very expensive hobby and if ur not willing to spend u will get bad results

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

This box was build for my system i didnt go and buy a box.

start a new thread for your question cause ur thread stealing right now

make it in the same section (subwoofers/enclosures)

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

I heard that if you use 3/8" mdf for boxes it adds 3db since the wood will be flapping around causing more vibrations! Wonder if 1/4" would be even better.

JK

I have used sound deadener inside boxes (spray on type) and it seems to make a difference. I have been told that it cancels standing sound waves or some other line of crap but it does work.

Aero ports also make a difference if your box design program can accept them into the calculations. I also never use standard PVC for ports anymore, it is either aero ports or slot ports made from MDF.

Good woodglue is a must and don't be scared of it, you can wipe off the excess with a paper towel or wait for it to dry and sand it off. MDF is essentially saw dust that is glued together so it makes sense that a good glue will hold the joints together. This does not take the place of bradded nails or wood screws (bradded nails only on small woofer low powered boxes).

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

Archived