Question About DD-1 and gains

nalacos- you need to set the gains with the sub level at +15. If you set it at 0 then you can't use your sub level control because anything above 0 would cause it to distort.

If you want more bass you need more watts or bigger woofers, or both. If you're used to any kind of club or concert or really good home system, two sealed tens isn't really a lot of bass.

Are the woofers moving? If they are moving they are doing their thing. Could you get a video of the subs playing for us?

If the mids and highs are working well tuned with the dd-1 then that proves your dd-1 is working.

It really just sounds to me like you are expecting too much from your two 10"s.

I dont recall anyone saying put the sub out at 0.

what i am saying to do is basically gain match the sub out with the front out on the headunit. then go set the amps. It does not matter where the sub out is set as long as it distorts at the same time the front out does. What's the point of even setting the amp gain if you are just going to send it a distorted signal?

nalacos- you need to set the gains with the sub level at +15. If you set it at 0 then you can't use your sub level control because anything above 0 would cause it to distort.

If you want more bass you need more watts or bigger woofers, or both. If you're used to any kind of club or concert or really good home system, two sealed tens isn't really a lot of bass.

Are the woofers moving? If they are moving they are doing their thing. Could you get a video of the subs playing for us?

If the mids and highs are working well tuned with the dd-1 then that proves your dd-1 is working.

It really just sounds to me like you are expecting too much from your two 10"s.

I dont recall anyone saying put the sub out at 0.

what i am saying to do is basically gain match the sub out with the front out on the headunit. then go set the amps. It does not matter where the sub out is set as long as it distorts at the same time the front out does. What's the point of even setting the amp gain if you are just going to send it a distorted signal?

OP asked about it in post #26

Edited by _paralyzed_

not seeing it

It's after post #25 and before post #27 lol.

He said he thought his problem was the sub out being at +15. I was just assuring him that's not the problem.

if his sub out distorts at volume 26 and the front distorts at 32 then his sub out being at +15 is the issue and he needs to back it off.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

Dont the dd1 "detect distortion" at just one frequency?

No. It will detect distortion at any frequency. You only have 40hz and 1khz tones on the CD. If you have other frequency tones (clean and of the same attenuation of the 40hz/1khz tones you used to set gains) you can use those. Because different frequencies can distort at different levels in the HU, and amplifiers.

not seeing it

It's after post #25 and before post #27 lol.

He said he thought his problem was the sub out being at +15. I was just assuring him that's not the problem.

if his sub out distorts at volume 26 and the front distorts at 32 then his sub out being at +15 is the issue and he needs to back it off.

I see what you're saying. I'm just saying if you set it up with the sub out at 0 it renders the sub level control useless. The volume would have to be set at 32 and then the sub level raised until the distortion light blinks.

One thing, you have 11 posts all against Steve and against Tone D'amore and against their products. Why did you make an account here?