Do you guys think I will benefit?

Currently I have an Alpine head unit ute-52bt. It doesn't have a CD player, I just use the USB and spotify. I'm wondering if this head unit could be holding my system back. According to alpine this head unit has a 24 bit DAC. They don't name a brand, but in the more expensive units alpine makes they do name it as a 24 bit Burr Brown...

As of now my system sounds pretty good to me, it's not the best I have heard and I think it could be a little better. It has more of a cool/digital sound to the music, I guess that's how best to describe it. At higher volumes its as if the music begins to mix together and lose definition.

I'm wondering if by switching to something like a Pioneer deh 80prs I might benefit as it does have a burr brown 24bit dac. Also not looking to spend a 1000 bucks on a head unit lol.

Funny thing is I was listening to a system my uncle threw together in his trans am. It was all stuff he had lying around from other builds. Nothing really any better than what I have, which I know isn't the best. But he had an old pioneer head unit, this thing was dated, no idea when they last made it and the thing jammed. I don't know how to describe it other than it was just way "clearer" than my system. It had a natural sound to it.

Running 2 sets of JL c2 components with tweets. In the doors and kicks powered by a rockford 600.5. 2 JL 10wxs in a ported behind the seat powered by a 1200.1 rockford tuned at 32hz.

I read the rules too, not a versus thread. Just trying to learn more about getting a good sound and the people here seem to know more than every other place I've lurked

Your Alpine has 9 band eq, bluetooth, usb, and a whole bunch of stuff I bet you don't know how to use.

Maybe your deck is setup wrong or speaker placement isn't good for your ears. Check the manual , Apine Tunit, Alpine Bass Engine.

Sound quality decks aren't made today including the 80prs imo. Nothing wrong with your Alpine deck, I don't use CDs either, they can't

take the bass. ha ha

Not trying to be a dick but you have a good deck, install and setup is super important.

You won't benefit changing headunits, changing/tuning the install will make a big difference.

The products you are using are of high quality, so i'm pretty sure it's not the products fault.

Using a processor like a JBL MS8 or Audison Bit-10 will improve the sound if you learn how to use it properly and spend a lot of time. (don't use autotune, it's pretty useless..)

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

I've found that no matter what your ears are always going to think someone else stuff sounds better if you compare it head to head.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Your Alpine has 9 band eq, bluetooth, usb, and a whole bunch of stuff I bet you don't know how to use.

Maybe your deck is setup wrong or speaker placement isn't good for your ears. Check the manual , Apine Tunit, Alpine Bass Engine.

Sound quality decks aren't made today including the 80prs imo. Nothing wrong with your Alpine deck, I don't use CDs either, they can't

take the bass. ha ha

Not trying to be a dick but you have a good deck, install and setup is super important.

No worries man, I know I'm new here and you don't know me so I won't get but hurt lol. But I do have a some sort of a clue. I definitely know how to use a the 9 band.... And that's about all the options this head unit gives me besides a high pass and a low pass. Everything else is pretty much useless unless you want to boost stuff like crazy. The 80prs has cross over points and all of that goodness. you guys don't think all of the extra adjustments you can make with a 80prs would be of benefit?

I don't personally like the 80prs. It's feature packed for sure but if you can't use it all with knowledge it's no good. So much of sounding good is placement. Some cars just sound good no matter what. I don't think I'd swap heads and ink I'd be gaining anything that's lateral to me.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I don't personally like the 80prs. It's feature packed for sure but if you can't use it all with knowledge it's no good. So much of sounding good is placement. Some cars just sound good no matter what. I don't think I'd swap heads and ink I'd be gaining anything that's lateral to me.

Yeah I think you're right, I think I have the same problem where others systems just seem to have a better sound no matter what. All those features would be nice but I could spend that money in better places for now I guess

take the bass. ha ha

No worries man, I know I'm new here and you don't know me so I won't get but hurt lol. But I do have a some sort of a clue. I definitely know how to use a the 9 band.... And that's about all the options this head unit gives me besides a high pass and a low pass. Everything else is pretty much useless unless you want to boost stuff like crazy. The 80prs has cross over points and all of that goodness. you guys don't think all of the extra adjustments you can make with a 80prs would be of benefit?

Got a real good one for you, I go out to my car... I own the same Alpine deck as you. Wow

watch out for late night posts. So ya like I said it's a good deck. ha ha

Man I screw up the tags bad.. Help I've posted and don't know how to fix it. Just like the old Help I've fallen commercial

Archived