Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Time for a sub upgrade.......


Recommended Posts

Posted

So been a awhile since my last post. So a co-worker is buying my 12" Alpine Type - X and I'm gonna need a new sub setup I will be running the CT Sounds 1400.1 and I have the whole rear cargo area of my Cherokee for the box. My budget is $500-$600 for sub/s. I'd like to go to a 15". I've been looking at the Sundown X15 , CT Sounds Strato 15" (×2) , or I'm open to suggestions. Really do not wanna upgrade amp at this time, really wanna focus on the electrical side after this.

1998 Jeep Cherokee

Headunit: Alpine CDE-143BT
Eq: NVX XEQ7
Front stage: Boston Acoustic 6.5 Component set
Rear stage : Removed
Mid/High Amp : Pioneer GM-X364 70x2 bridged
Subwoofer: Fi BL 18" Dual 2 wired @ 1ohm
Sub Amp: CT Sounds 1400.1d

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/180586-juniorxjs-98-cherokee-build/

Posted

What kind of music do you listen to? Some subs are going to be more peaky in output than others. That is neither good or bad, it just depends on how you like your stuff to sound.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

What kind of music do you listen to? Some subs are going to be more peaky in output than others. That is neither good or bad, it just depends on how you like your stuff to sound.

Mostly rap and decaf. I listen to rock and country sometime but never really cared for lots of bass in these types of music so I normally just turn the sub down via the dash mounted nvx eq

1998 Jeep Cherokee

Headunit: Alpine CDE-143BT
Eq: NVX XEQ7
Front stage: Boston Acoustic 6.5 Component set
Rear stage : Removed
Mid/High Amp : Pioneer GM-X364 70x2 bridged
Subwoofer: Fi BL 18" Dual 2 wired @ 1ohm
Sub Amp: CT Sounds 1400.1d

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/180586-juniorxjs-98-cherokee-build/

Posted

That x15 will do very well on that power.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

  • Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Posted

There are going to be a LOT of good choices for subs in that power/price range.

A pair of FI SSD 15"s would work well.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

The x15 looks like a beast , FI seems to make some nice stuff but I haven't seen or heard them personally. I want something I can daily and not worry, I've been whooping on this type - x daily for almost 2yrs

1998 Jeep Cherokee

Headunit: Alpine CDE-143BT
Eq: NVX XEQ7
Front stage: Boston Acoustic 6.5 Component set
Rear stage : Removed
Mid/High Amp : Pioneer GM-X364 70x2 bridged
Subwoofer: Fi BL 18" Dual 2 wired @ 1ohm
Sub Amp: CT Sounds 1400.1d

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/180586-juniorxjs-98-cherokee-build/

Posted

never had a problem with any of my fi subs. great quality for sure

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Posted

I run the Fi BL 15 daily on 2k and I've never had a single problem with it. It sounds great on music. I also have put a X15 in a friends car (the sub is currently sitting in my living room) and that sub is huge. It digs the lows and moves a ton of air on just 1.2k. Honestly you can't go wrong with either one and just depends on how much room you have for box space.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

Posted

I'm really leaning toward the x15 , I kinda like the single sub setup but at the end of the day i just wanna be LOUD

1998 Jeep Cherokee

Headunit: Alpine CDE-143BT
Eq: NVX XEQ7
Front stage: Boston Acoustic 6.5 Component set
Rear stage : Removed
Mid/High Amp : Pioneer GM-X364 70x2 bridged
Subwoofer: Fi BL 18" Dual 2 wired @ 1ohm
Sub Amp: CT Sounds 1400.1d

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/180586-juniorxjs-98-cherokee-build/

Posted

Well picked a new sub up today , 18" Fi BL shit is huge. We'll have to wait and see how i like it , never heard or had a 18" before

1998 Jeep Cherokee

Headunit: Alpine CDE-143BT
Eq: NVX XEQ7
Front stage: Boston Acoustic 6.5 Component set
Rear stage : Removed
Mid/High Amp : Pioneer GM-X364 70x2 bridged
Subwoofer: Fi BL 18" Dual 2 wired @ 1ohm
Sub Amp: CT Sounds 1400.1d

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/180586-juniorxjs-98-cherokee-build/

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 546 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...