Second Skin Audio

Port area

MrSevs

yeah... I put it together with Torres box calculator. Unless you're talking about a better way of doing so.

I'm talking about actually measuring what your tuning is. Calculators like Torres can only get you close, and tuning can be influenced by other things. Are you subs facing up or facing forward/backward?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

yeah... I put it together with Torres box calculator. Unless you're talking about a better way of doing so.

I'm talking about actually measuring what your tuning is. Calculators like Torres can only get you close, and tuning can be influenced by other things. Are you subs facing up or facing forward/backward?

They are facing up. I tried them several ways and this got me what I felt was the best in car result

You say you run Sundown SCV2000D at .5ohm, have you clamped your output and do you have electrical for that?

I have not clamped the output although I have thought about it to see exactly what I am getting.

They are facing up. I tried them several ways and this got me what I felt was the best in car result

OK, good. Here is how you can check your tuning frequency, I call The Salt Method:

You need some table salt/sugar and a tone generator, you can use a tone generator app for your phone.
1. Put a pinch of salt on your subwoofer cones.
2. Play a tone through your subs at moderate to low volume, you should see the salt dancing all over the place
3. Raise and lower the tone until you find the frequency where the salt lays still on the cone (or moves the least), that's your tuning frequency.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

OK, good. Here is how you can check your tuning frequency, I call The Salt Method:

You need some table salt/sugar and a tone generator, you can use a tone generator app for your phone.
2. Play a tone through your subs at moderate to low volume, you should see the salt dancing all over the place
3. Raise and lower the tone until you find the frequency where the salt lays still on the cone (or moves the least), that's your tuning frequency.

Nice! I will give it a try!

A huge THANKS to Joe X and Triticum Agricolam for all your help thus far on every thread I've posted! It is always awesome to find peeps willing to help someone out!!!

What do you do if the subs aren't facing up?

Look for the least excursion by eye. . .

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

What do you do if the subs aren't facing up?

Like bkolfo4 said, you can just watch for when they are moving the least. Using the salt just makes it a lot easier to see.

There are other, more accurate ways to do it, but they all require equipment most people don't have. Salt/sugar is easy.

Builds:

Archived