Mota.timtim Posted June 12, 2015 Report Posted June 12, 2015 I recently got a 1994 F150 xlt exd cab, as of right now its being prepared for paint and exterior additions. I've worked pretty hard getting this far with the truck and now I want to start working on the inside. I had four 12s in my old Ford and was the loudest in the small town I live in. The old setup was "ghetto" looking and I want my next project to look like a some what pro installed it.(Note: I do everything to the truck, it doesn't get taken to a shop). Anyway what I'm wanting is a good all around spl system and I already have 80% of everything picked out. [D6500 XS batt, 0gauge Rockford,Jl1000/1,JL 500/1,JL/360/4,6 Rockford P1 15s,Rockford door speakers,4 Rockford mid 8s ,Jensen flipout,Rockford rcas,big 3,ported box,and a custom console to house the amps and 8s. I'm looking for advice on this system. Am I missing anything, helpful hints,etc. For wiring all three amps will be off the 0awg wire 4 subs on the jl1000 2ohm svcs, 2 subs on the jl500/1 4ohm svc, then the 8s off the 4chan. All the boxes will be bedlined and hopefully the sub wall with sit flush in the exd cab part. Also I know this is a terrible question to ask because there isn't a real way to tell unless you heard it, but is it possible for me to hit 150db with this setup?
Robert8252 Posted June 12, 2015 Report Posted June 12, 2015 Way too much going on for my brain this late. If probably recommend some different speakers but less can be more if installed right. And if you don't compete why does 150 matter. Loud will be loud. 2013 F150 Crew Cab Old Build Log Feedback 2013 F150 Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff
diegoclass2010 Posted June 12, 2015 Report Posted June 12, 2015 looks like you did your hw you threw me off at first with the subs and amps but i got what your going after and will have a 2ohm at each amp at the end. yea it should work, your going to have alot of cone area so thats so i think a 150 is very possible if everything is done correctly. since your doing a wall im guessing its ported? what is it going to be tuned to?
Mota.timtim Posted June 12, 2015 Author Report Posted June 12, 2015 Way too much going on for my brain this late. If probably recommend some different speakers but less can be more if installed right. And if you don't compete why does 150 matter. Loud will be loud. Im going the P1 series on account more motor fotce/overall area. And there cheaper than the Psi 18s I was debating on, and honestly the only one reason I wanna hot 150 so I prove a couple of friends wrong that say "there's no way you can do 150+ with under 2k rms
Mota.timtim Posted June 12, 2015 Author Report Posted June 12, 2015 looks like you did your hw you threw me off at first with the subs and amps but i got what your going after and will have a 2ohm at each amp at the end. yea it should work, your going to have alot of cone area so thats so i think a 150 is very possible if everything is done correctly. since your doing a wall im guessing its ported? what is it going to be tuned to? Yeah it's gonna be ported, I've designed a box tuned at 30 before displacement (hoping for 32 after displacement) used re box caulotor and sketch up to design it after all displacement its .19 away from recommend space
Mota.timtim Posted June 12, 2015 Author Report Posted June 12, 2015 Oh and please no one say anything on how its cheap stuff cause I don't make a bunch of cash so its a little here and there kinda deal. This is a upgrade over the last system. (Hfx hifonics $40subs) and they slamed pretty good there's actually a video on YouTube of them "BOO BOO SPEAKERS"
Basshead89 Posted June 12, 2015 Report Posted June 12, 2015 There is room for 8 12's below the window line if you use the seat mounts... I had 8 12's in my 1992 F-150 XLT ext cab. I made brackets that used the rear seat mounts. fired the subs down and foward. It gave me a huge shelf right at the bottom of the rear window.
SlamminBeats Posted June 12, 2015 Report Posted June 12, 2015 I recently got a 1994 F150 xlt exd cab, as of right now its being prepared for paint and exterior additions. I've worked pretty hard getting this far with the truck and now I want to start working on the inside. I had four 12s in my old Ford and was the loudest in the small town I live in. The old setup was "ghetto" looking and I want my next project to look like a some what pro installed it.(Note: I do everything to the truck, it doesn't get taken to a shop). Anyway what I'm wanting is a good all around spl system and I already have 80% of everything picked out. [D6500 XS batt, 0gauge Rockford,Jl1000/1,JL 500/1,JL/360/4,6 Rockford P1 15s,Rockford door speakers,4 Rockford mid 8s ,Jensen flipout,Rockford rcas,big 3,ported box,and a custom console to house the amps and 8s. I'm looking for advice on this system. Am I missing anything, helpful hints,etc. For wiring all three amps will be off the 0awg wire 4 subs on the jl1000 2ohm svcs, 2 subs on the jl500/1 4ohm svc, then the 8s off the 4chan. All the boxes will be bedlined and hopefully the sub wall with sit flush in the exd cab part. Also I know this is a terrible question to ask because there isn't a real way to tell unless you heard it, but is it possible for me to hit 150db with this setup? So 4 subs on a 1000/1 and 2 on a 500/1? I see your logic but this will not work. so no. You wont get 150db
bigsausagepizza Posted June 12, 2015 Report Posted June 12, 2015 Why are you going with JL for amps (unless you're getting them at cost or something)? There's nothing wrong with JL, but bang for your buck they're kinda expensive. For example, you can get a Crescendo S1500 for $299 and it does 1500w @ 1ohm, and the 800/4 does 130w x4 @ 4ohm and 210w x4 @2ohms. Crescendo amps are popular with the enthusiasts on this site and have been shown to make their rated power and then some. There are plenty of other great options out there too that beat JL is bang for buck and have similar or even better quality. You may also want to check out Sky High or Knuconceptz for wiring, or if you're really looking to save money a lot of people find great deals on welding wire. 2008 Subaru WRX STI K&N Typhoon Intake Invidia Polished Stainless 3" turbo back with cat Cobb Accessport Dyno tune from Kaizen Tuning 320awhp 330ft-lb awtq MTX 421D Sub amp American Bass SQ900 Highs/Mids amp Sundown Audio SD-2 10 D4 JL Audio XR653-CS 3-way Components 3sixty.2 Second Skin Damplifier Pro Custom fiberglass wheel well enclosure Transmission Line quasi-floor enclosure http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/forum/13-member-rides-builds-show-off-your-whip-show-off-your-system/ Bill Fitzmaurice TLAH line-array hifi towers 9 Goldwood 4" mids (each) 12 Goldwood 1/2" tweeters (each) NAD 1020 Preamp MiniDSP 2x4 Balanced processor Thorens TD166mkII Turntable Hafler DH-200 Amplifier http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192638-line-array-hifi-tower-build/ https://www.facebook.com/HolyMountainGlass
Jhunt94 Posted June 12, 2015 Report Posted June 12, 2015 I hate to rain on your parade, but I'm with Slammin, I wouldn't expect 150s out of that setup...personally speaking if it were me trying to do that and I specifically wanted 15s then I would do 8, get two separate sub amps, and run four on each. 2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside250 Mechman AlternatorSky High Car Audio Big 3 XS Power D3400Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kitRockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcpRockford Fosgate T400-4DC Audio Lvl 4 12"Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" componentRockford Fosgate Punch 6x8Pioneer AVH-P2300DVDSMD Volt Meter
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.