Running soundqubed component active?

pk222

So I bought a component set and sounded pretty good. For 2 days then lost a tweeter. 2 weeks later lost the other tweeter. When I called to see what the recommend they said I should run the set active since I'm running off a skar lp80.4 and that they don't recommend running the crossovers in the kit with an amp. What is everyone's opinion on this?

The crossover should have had tweeter protection to prevent blowing the tweeters out like they did.

That pretty much says why i choose real speaker making companies for my speakers in my cars.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

This is the first set I've tried from them. I've had good luck with their amps and seen installs with their subs and their amazing. I was second guessing their component kit because of the price. Guess I shouldn't have cheaped out. Im sending the kit back and hoping they'll let me return it. Both sets of tweeter also blew on low volume which confused me.

Any suggestions on something in the $150 rang that won't blow in a week off my lp80.4?

These are my go to budget friendly speaker of choice to recommend, although there are many other speakers out there, there are incredibly few that can perform on the level these do and take the power they can and still sound amazing. JBL has released a few other models since these have released and these have outlasted them all and seem to be still selling strong.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_12260_JBL-P660C.html

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

I've seen a lot of posts on the jbl comps over the past year but never heard any in person. I've only heard the subs and wasn't very impressed.

I've always just used coaxles because I didn't want to drill into my doors. The one time I do this happens.

I'll try to get a refund and if I do I'll try them out.

But what they told me about having to make my own crossovers because I have them running off an amp seems kinda rediculous. Am I wrong or is this common?

My SoundQubed/AudioQue component set I bought used from N8ball sounds pretty good active, handled the AQ 90x4 output great (tweets don't get the gain set though because they get too harsh for me if I move the gain even a little). I decided to try out their Pro Audios now though, hoping the mid-ranges will be a little louder

They didn't sound bad when I first installed them. Then the tweeter cut out and I realized the mid wasn't producing much sound at all. Maybe it would have been a lot better if I ran it active. I just figured having a matched component set would be best and that if there was a crossover in the kit then I shouldn't have to make my own crossover

You shouldn't have to make your own crossover, that's the first I've ever heard of anyone saying that. Did you test them without the crossover to see if maybe it was just faulty?

Edit: and do not send the full rms of your amp to them. They could be damaged. Just turn the gain all the way down and see if there is still output with the crossover not in the picture

Before the sq kit I had an mb quart crossover running the factory tweeter and mb quart mid. It wasn't blown just wanted to upgrade. After the tweeters blew I hooked up my factory tweeters that had been running off of the mb quart crossover for over a year with no problem. It blew both of them off the sq crossover within a day of light use. There was still power coming through the crossover. Just maybe a bad signal. I'm not sure.

That's what I'm saying. The crossover could be fucked. Hook the tweeters up directly to the amp and check for output.

Archived