Sundown Audio

How many watts can I run ?

Alex Coyne

Wait you have a singer alt and it doesn't work?

What's up with that why not send it for repair since he offers a lifetime warranty?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Wait you have a singer alt and it doesn't work?

What's up with that why not send it for repair since he offers a lifetime warranty?

Since the pulley is smaller than stock, its causing the belt to rub against the button wingnut thats connected to the lower alternator base bracket. My original alternator was barely hanging on (part of the reason why I wanted a new alternator) and it basically fell apart when the mechanic took it out. I am down two hours labor plus the price of a replacement stock OEM alternator (i'm in it 750 bucks and am exactly where I started).

I don't have the funds or time to deal with it anymore (I'll have to pay to ship it back, wait for it to get fixed, pay the mechanic again, and pray it works). Not only that but the location of the power wire on the Singer alt is too far from the stock location (i'm going to have to pay more money to replace the wire or have it split).

I'm pretty much done with it (I can't spend hundreds more to get it fixed/installed when I already spent more than I should of from the start).

shit i run a 320 amp alt right now for my 300x2 watt amp and 75x4 watt amp, and it made a big difference over the stock 130 amp alt. much louder, deeper bass.

the 320 amp alt is actually for the 5k im bout to drop in but it helped out the current system alot

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

cant you replace the wingnut with a regular nut or even a thin nut? dont know how a smaller pulley would make the belt rub on anything.. maybe the belt was routed incorrectly.. a pulley does not change the geometry of the rest of the pulleys so it shouldnt cause rubbing

cant you replace the wingnut with a regular nut or even a thin nut? dont know how a smaller pulley would make the belt rub on anything.. maybe the belt was routed incorrectly.. a pulley does not change the geometry of the rest of the pulleys so it shouldnt cause rubbing

It wasn't necessarly the wingnut itself, it was the frame that the wingnut screws into (it's rubbing against solid metal ). Stock alt has no issues with it

That's too much to just let go. The alt he made for me was a direct fit... I would contact him and see what he can do for you.

It's borderline for me (I have to pay to ship it back, pay for parts since is lifetime labor only to my knowledge, and pay to have it reinstalled again). Not only that but one of the wire terminals on the singer was placed too far from my honda wires (I would have to pay to run another wire thats longer).

I might see if he can make a smaller alternator (less amps than the 275A) but use stock casing

I agree, there's gotta be a different bolt you can use or something. I would also contact singer about it if you haven't already. Nothing we want is free. If you're not getting a refund for that alt, then you might as well suck it up and pay to get it corrected in a manner that allows you to use it. The back case for mine had the jack for the plug just close enough for me to plug it in. I'm sure if you talk to him, he can move it where it needs to go. Don't just give up because you ran into an issue. There's always a fix.

It's either going to be refund or free fix (I told him I can't put any more money in it).

Contacting him is part of the reason why its borederline as well (the communication has been a nightmare). It took four tries to get pricing from him (back in the winter). I sent him two emails (a week apart) saying "I have the money, I am ready to purchase" and he never replied. I spent week number 3 making an account on car audio forum and hunt down/paypal some stranger who claimed to be a rep. Anytime I had a question I either had to ask the rep to ask Singer or ask the rep to have Singer reply to the emails he never replied too.

Install had conflicting information as well (no belts and the instruction where written with a sharpy that said belt size should drop .5 to 1 inch, belt should be 40-41 inches). I told him my stock belt it 38.8 inches so how did he get 40-41 inches and he replied 9 days later telling me belt size should increase (box says shorter and then he tells me longer ?).

This whole thing has been a nightmare (I was expecting better, everyone told me communication was the biggest plus ). I'm down quite a bit of money and I have no freaking idea whats going on (hunting down reps, never getting replies to emails, no phone number, conflicting info on belts ).

Archived