ALL4SPL's 2011 Silverado - IASCA 2016 Truck/Trunk 2 Champion!

Something seems wrong. A stock unit is more expensive then that and the picture is dated 2009. And I bet idle output on that is the same as a stock unit. Which is like 90-100amps.

Might as well get a dc250hd for 400 and be good. Just a suggestion

Peeonally I don't like the sound of that one. And I think they had a 145 and 160 amp. Not a 200

My 2011 has a 140amp alternator.

Retired from SPL again....

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 Champion 151.8db

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 World Record Holder

Wiring the fronts/rears all together for 2 ohm stereo sounds like a bad idea to me.

The rears will get exactly half the power. The coaxials are more efficient than your front setup. The rears will be screaming, and you will want more volume from the fronts. Didn't you take out the rear seats? Who are the rear speakers for?

Also, you need some kind of crossover on those tweets. How do you plan on splitting up the frequencies between the mid and tweets up front?

Wiring the fronts/rears all together for 2 ohm stereo sounds like a bad idea to me.

The rears will get exactly half the power. The coaxials are more efficient than your front setup. The rears will be screaming, and you will want more volume from the fronts. Didn't you take out the rear seats? Who are the rear speakers for?

Also, you need some kind of crossover on those tweets. How do you plan on splitting up the frequencies between the mid and tweets up front?

The rears are fine and if they are getting too much then ill simply disconnect them, as for the Xover that is handled by the 80PRS and the tweets will have 10uF caps on them to keep them from getting anything over 2khz. As for the alternator, again I have NO plans at this time to put an alternator in the truck, whether you think it will work or not is irrelevant as it is my truck after all.

You don't want anything over 2khz reaching the tweets...? They won't even have any sound coming out then.

The rears are fine and if they are getting too much then ill simply disconnect them, as for the Xover that is handled by the 80PRS and the tweets will have 10uF caps on them to keep them from getting anything over 2khz. As for the alternator, again I have NO plans at this time to put an alternator in the truck, whether you think it will work or not is irrelevant as it is my truck after all.

I see. Get 'r dun!

You don't want anything over 2khz reaching the tweets...? They won't even have any sound coming out then.

Since you seem to not understand why I am crossing them over at 2khz.

https://www.parts-express.com/tang-band-25-1166sj-1-neodymium-tweeter--264-834

Read the specs, pretty much every tweeter in a "component set" has a lower limit in that 2khz range.

Since you seem to not understand why I am crossing them over at 2khz.

https://www.parts-express.com/tang-band-25-1166sj-1-neodymium-tweeter--264-834

Read the specs, pretty much every tweeter in a "component set" has a lower limit in that 2khz range.

You said "nothing OVER 2khz to the tweeters".

You meant to say "nothing UNDER 2khz to the tweeters".

That's why he's confused.

Archived