Second Skin Audio

Loudest SPL/SQL sealed set up

akuma4u

make sure your not cutting a structural part of the car

ya i was told that but i only cut inside the beams and tmrw i may make two more squares inside the beams on the left and right side.

btw, if i do cut through the beams, what would happen?

i just spent 6 hours doing a huge mod in my car. I made about a 9 x 9 inch square hole in my rear deck in order to let more bass flow into the cabin. And it worked like charm! now im thinking of making it even bigger..

about the sub.. the thing about the x series subs is I LOVE the huge foam surround on that sub.. the zv3 doesnt have that.. the zv3 looks so plain and boring compared to the x12 if you are looking at it directly from the face/top. But performance wise, the zv3 seems to peak in the 30s and 40s and then dip a bit for the rest of the frequencies vs the other subs and the x12 which dips a lot after the 40s, thats what is drawing me towards the zv3..

i will ask him tmrw if he can measure the cabin gain or not.

He also told me there is a build time of 5-6 weeks for the zv3 12..

i could get a DD ts3512 tmrw afternoon and for about 250 bucks cheaper too and have a box made and in my car by friday .. but not sure if its worth paying the extra bit of cash and waiting for month and half for the zv3..

Well the X series do look cool, but that big huge surround eats into the amount of cone area they have. I guess you have to prioritize how the sub looks vs how the sub sounds. If you want something cool to look at get the Zv3 and reverse mount it. Those things have big, bad ass motors on them.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

in Australia, you get a yellow sticker put on your car (defect notice) and have to get the car put over the pits and have it pass befor you can drive it on the road again. I have no idea about the laws in toronto

oh i see.. well.. even if i do cut through the beam no one will notice it unless they stick their head into the trunk and look up. its very hard to notice unless you are specifically looking for those beams but no one here does those things.. our safety doesnt cover that stuff.

but im curious as to what effects o the car itself would have if you cut through the beams.. would it make the car more prone to bending on turns or something?

i just spent 6 hours doing a huge mod in my car. I made about a 9 x 9 inch square hole in my rear deck in order to let more bass flow into the cabin. And it worked like charm! now im thinking of making it even bigger..

about the sub.. the thing about the x series subs is I LOVE the huge foam surround on that sub.. the zv3 doesnt have that.. the zv3 looks so plain and boring compared to the x12 if you are looking at it directly from the face/top. But performance wise, the zv3 seems to peak in the 30s and 40s and then dip a bit for the rest of the frequencies vs the other subs and the x12 which dips a lot after the 40s, thats what is drawing me towards the zv3..

i will ask him tmrw if he can measure the cabin gain or not.

He also told me there is a build time of 5-6 weeks for the zv3 12..

i could get a DD ts3512 tmrw afternoon and for about 250 bucks cheaper too and have a box made and in my car by friday .. but not sure if its worth paying the extra bit of cash and waiting for month and half for the zv3..

Well the X series do look cool, but that big huge surround eats into the amount of cone area they have. I guess you have to prioritize how the sub looks vs how the sub sounds. If you want something cool to look at get the Zv3 and reverse mount it. Those things have big, bad ass motors on them.

not sure if i have the space available to reverse mount it.. what would YOU choose between the zv3 12 and DD 712 or DD ts3512 and why?

not sure if i have the space available to reverse mount it.. what would YOU choose between the zv3 12 and DD 712 or DD ts3512 and why?

Out of those three, I'd pick the Z v.3-12. It has a flatter response curve.

Also I'm just not a fan of DD subs.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Out of those three, I'd pick the Z v.3-12. It has a flatter response curve.

Also I'm just not a fan of DD subs.

zv3 it is then..

what is it about DD that wasnt appealing to u?

Archived