Second Skin Audio

I need help with wall?

I'm going to do four 15" Sundown ZV3's, on two Sundown 4K's,in a 91 two door Acura Integara. Already have Singer HO alternator,two run's of positive and negative 1/0 SHCA OFC cable,and six XS d31 batteries. The wall will be all sub'as on passenger side,and port on driver's. How do you determine port size and tunning in something like this,and what would be a good tunning that'll be loud,and can put up number's. After all displacement's,I have a little over 17 cube's to play with.

That's because they usually have a lot of internal volume. The more internal volume you have the shorter your port can be and still keep the same tuning. The walls you see are mostly likely tuned to the low 30's like everything else.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

if you want really low/deep, hair trick bass, tune to 28hz! the port alone will be 180 sq in and 40" long and take up about 4.7 cubes, subs will take up .96 cubes, bracing will take up about roughly .25 cubes depending on how drastic you go with porting! So you might need to find another way to find another cubic feet somehow or you could tune it to 32hz and the port would 180 sq in of port and 28" long and take up 3.28 cubic ft + subs .96 cubic ft + .25 bracing would leave you with around 12.5 cubes net

I'm always opened minded and if there's anything you want to know, just ask!

I opened my first Car Audio Shop in 1993 and 22 years later, i'm still at it!

if you want really low/deep, hair trick bass, tune to 28hz! the port alone will be 180 sq in and 40" long and take up about 4.7 cubes, subs will take up .96 cubes, bracing will take up about roughly .25 cubes depending on how drastic you go with porting! So you might need to find another way to find another cubic feet somehow or you could tune it to 32hz and the port would 180 sq in of port and 28" long and take up 3.28 cubic ft + subs .96 cubic ft + .25 bracing would leave you with around 12.5 cubes net

<_<

When you see a wall with a really short port, either the enclosure is really big and requires a shorter port to tune lower or the box is just tuned high. Some people tune their walls in the higher frequency range, which also requires a shorter port. if i was you, i would try to get more airspace. Do you want really low/deep bass or you just trying to get a number on the meter?

I'm always opened minded and if there's anything you want to know, just ask!

I opened my first Car Audio Shop in 1993 and 22 years later, i'm still at it!

Archived