xpoppadaddyx Posted June 16, 2015 Report Posted June 16, 2015 I keep all my essential factory components such as radio, speakers, alternator, and battery. You can store that kind of stuff in the closet. 2002 Chevy Trailblazer (Build) 2013 Nissan Altima (Build) Poppa's YouTube Channel Poppa's FB Page Poppa's Instagram
ILuvJDM Posted June 16, 2015 Report Posted June 16, 2015 I keep every stock part in the aftermarket box and store it in my garage. I was able to buy this car stock for $23.5k, build it to how you see below in 1.5 years spending $23k in parts (do all the work myself so no labor) and then I parted it out, put it back to stock, and sold the car for $23k and made another ~$15k off the parts because I was able to put it back to stock. Obviously this is not what most guys on this forum do, just audio stuff, but if I were to sell the car as-is below in the picture it would probably get $25-26k. Just some food for thought on why to hang on to stock parts...
firebirdude Posted June 16, 2015 Report Posted June 16, 2015 Any aftermarket parts you're willing to go through the trouble of removing and reinstalling the factory parts before selling the car, keep those parts. Sell everything else. Hanging onto anything else is pack ratting. ^^^ Kudos to the guy above me. But as we both said, you have to be willing to do the work to remove all those parts and return to factory. That didn't take him one evening....
79 cutty Posted June 16, 2015 Report Posted June 16, 2015 I always have held onto stock parts for the sole reason if the car is in an accident and they total it out I strip out the after market parts and insurance keeps the factory ones. That way I can keep or sell the aftermarket ones after the insurance cuts the check. Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking! You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it. "Black Pearl" Build Thread http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1
tyma1026 Posted June 16, 2015 Report Posted June 16, 2015 Keep and sell later. I have all of mine in a few large plastic bins I bought at Wally World. I reuse or sell on CL, Ebay, etc..
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.