OrionStang Posted June 16, 2015 Report Posted June 16, 2015 After emptying my storage room (fuck $65 a month) I have been going through deciding what to keep and what to drop. I have a pile of factory parts from upgrades done to my car. Shocks, springs, clutch, flywheel, factory deck and speakers LOL, and back seats which are never going back in. Everything was pulled before 30k miles. Is this shit worth keeping? Who else here hoards stock parts? SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
pioneerforlife Posted June 16, 2015 Report Posted June 16, 2015 i keep all the trim and carpet i take out. when i take my seats out i plan on keeping them too. i also keep my alt just as a backup. i'd say its up to you 2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback Pioneer HU 4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar. 2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts) Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon) Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400 Sky High and KNU wiring 3 Banks of Maxwell caps Winston Lithium (not a fan) Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log Instagram @p4linnovation YouTube: Team Blowin Loud
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted June 16, 2015 Report Posted June 16, 2015 I sell them. If you ever plan on selling it is keep the back seats and factory radio stuff, if not sell it all. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
Skullz Posted June 16, 2015 Report Posted June 16, 2015 All interior and exterior trim pieces, seats and stereo stay, and everything else goes bye bye. Do you really want to put all that stock suspension and exhaust bullshit back on? Hell fuckin NO!!!!! 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
SIDE SHOW Posted June 16, 2015 Report Posted June 16, 2015 I keep all mine and return the car to factory condition befor selling it.
OrionStang Posted June 16, 2015 Author Report Posted June 16, 2015 No way my car ever see's factory condition again LOL. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Karkov Posted June 16, 2015 Report Posted June 16, 2015 As others have said it depends what state my vehicle is in before it's time to sell it, if I wreck too much shit and there's no way to make it look stock again then I start selling off the factory shit. Otherwise I do try and hang on to it all until I sell it if the mods are minor or whatever. If yours Ken will never be close to stock then I say start seeing what it's worth and make some money back. You have come a LONG way this past year with making your bills more efficient so I bet it would feel nice to get rid of some seemingly useless stuff now. =) 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
SnowDrifter Posted June 16, 2015 Report Posted June 16, 2015 If it's a specialty or dealer only part I hold onto it. Else it goes on craigslist. Deck is only worth keeping if it's a nav unit, and even then: Sell it before it loses value. Factory speakers, don't see much of a reason to keep them. Flywheel and clutch can go in the scrap bin, not a huge market for used ones (at least not around here). Springs can be sold. If you need to convert the car back to stock again you can find replacements fairly inexpensively Only thing I'd keep are interior pieces ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
Katt Posted June 16, 2015 Report Posted June 16, 2015 Post it on the corral.net I'm sure someone will need stuff. Its better then throwing it away, get some money out of it. Wish i would of kept a few parts from my car, but we have enough 302 parts around here lol. *06 330i - Sundern x12 - saz-3500* *91 Foxbody V1 S-Trim Notch*
_paralyzed_ Posted June 16, 2015 Report Posted June 16, 2015 They're actually losing you money having to keep them in storage. Get rid of them.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.