Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

6, 6.5 inch speakers.. box. Ideas/Help?!?


757lmj

Recommended Posts

Posted

if you just want loud, sell those 3 pairs and get two pair of PA 6.5s and some super tweets. It'll sound like ass but it'll be louder than 3 pairs of those 6.5s.

My Channel on YouTube. Check it out for cinematic-style Car Audio videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSMhtT-rpopJbdybubDgnQ

 

New 2014 Scion TC 4th Wall Build

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/

 

Posted

K obviously I don't want it to sound like ass. Midbass. yes tweeter in the middle of them. I have these already that's why I'm trying to make them work. I'm not familiar with mids and highs really

Posted

I personally would not want a box for 6 coaxials. If you're set on using them, then one in each door (if you have a four door and want a rear stage for passengers) and keep the third set as a backup or fiberglass/buy a kick panel to put them in. They're good for ease of install, but if you're looking for a sound quality setup, they're not for you due to lack of staging and EQ-ing. What are your goals for your system?

Posted

More drivers is not your answer for a clean setup. Ditch the behind you idea....its not a good one.

A loud clean setup can be achieved with a good quality component set (probably not infinity, personal opinion) and a good quality amplifier that does more then the rated power of the speakers.

With a amp that can overpower the component set you can turn down the gain and play them louder and cleaner with less distortion.

Posted

buy two of these.

http://www.usspeaker.com/ciare%20ndcx8-1.4-1.htm

All you'll need is 225 watts into 4 ohms RMS. (wire both drivers in series)

you'll need a electronic crossover as well. Or just use your amp. http://www.woofersetc.com/c-3-amplifiers/c-28-two-channel/p-11344-p1000x2-rockford-fosgate-1000w-2-channel-punch-series-amplifier.html

or

http://www.woofersetc.com/c-172-speakers/c-10-compon-speakers/c-40-65/p-11745-11km65002-kicker-65-200w-rms-hlcd-tower-km-series-tower-component-speakers-system.html

^^these are not serious examples^^

I would upgrade the amp if you want more power and the components. Realistically 1 set of components should be fine for you. I would run the components at 4 ohms but thats my opinion and run a amp that does well over RMS power for the components. I usually double it...which is overkill but whatever.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6189 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...