Going to be picking up a 2015 Honda Accord Sport. I already have my mind set on upgrading all speakers to polk with a 600w hifonics amp. My question is, Will the LC7i work in my application? I will also be adding a 1200 hifonics brutus and one 12in FI BL subwoofer in custom enclosure a bit after. If i go with the LC7i, what is the best way to wire it? Seems like i can't find any good diagrams on the net. I appreciate your feedback. Thank you.

The LC7i will work. I bought one I thought I would use for a Chevy Cruze, but changed my mind on the car and went a different direction. Counting chickens before they hatch. What do you mean by your wiring question? Like how to wire the LC7i? Or how to wire the amp/sub? Also, seeing as I don't need my LC7i, I could sell you it. I won't use it and it's just sitting here as a dust collector. BNIB, opened only for verification. Send me the link to the one you found new to buy and I'll match the price of you'd like.

Thanks! Well, I found the LC7i in DTLA for $100 on 11th street. I was curious on the wiring tho. Will i have to extend factory wiring from the doors to the lc7i then run another set of wires from amp to components? Thats whats confusing me big time.

Yes. Figure out where you want to mount it, and then run wire from the stock wiring to it, then use RCA's from it to your amplifiers. How many total speakers does your car have stock? Is there an amplifier?

i was thinking of mounting the lc7i under the passenger seat then have my amps in the trunk of the car. The car has 4 stock speakers but i will be replacing the fronts with Polk db6501 components and 6.5 polk db651 coaxials in the rear. The accord i am getting does not have a stock amplifier. Just cheap paper cone speakers. haha.

I'm not sure if there would be enough room under the seat to access the top of the LC7i in order to set it up once you have it wired. I would mount it in an open space where you can easily access it for the top panel controls. So what I said about your wiring stands since you do not have an amplifier. stock>LC7i>amps. Since you only have four speakers, then you will only need to utilize channels 1 & 2 for input, and the signal from channel two will be used for your sub out according to the manual.

youll want to tap the wires from behind the head unit to run to the lc7i.

it's not to hard to test the wires and find out what goes to what.

Why not change the headunit of its not nav or anything special?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived