Hell yeah, looking CLEAN! Dig it. :good:

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

Thanks dude! Your build is one of my inspirations...so thanks for noticing!! Still more work to do, LEDS, etc.

:drinks:

There's ALWAYS more work to do...isn't there? Never ending.... :o

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

Thanks dude! Your build is one of my inspirations...so thanks for noticing!! Still more work to do, LEDS, etc.

:drinks:

There's ALWAYS more work to do...isn't there? Never ending.... :o

lol. My wife keeps asking " ....are you done yet?..." I say, there's no such thing as "done." :P

Bro, this is great work! I applaud you. Especially for the first time wrapping those panels. Well done.

If I may add a suggestion, below you said you thought the panels on the sides were kind of intrusive, too big. Why don't you bring the panel back to the arm, just on the inside of it, and then just put a 1/4" piece of MDF over it. This would create a pocket for the arm to sink down into, but also remove about 2" of depth into the trunk space on the panel. I wish I had a way to draw it out and show you right now, what I'm talking about. But it's just a suggestion.

I think it looks really good regardless. Nice work.

These are trim panels for the trunk.

Testing the fit, not bad...

0801151534b_zpsnuze7orr.jpg

Putting it altogether...

0801151534_zpsgyug70zc.jpg

Now, time for some openings...

0801151724_zpssd8dxexn.jpg

The last picture....

holy crap good work

Thanks dude. I've had the DC logo for a while trying to figure out what to do with it. When it's done it will look like its hovering.... I hope.

I'm not sure if I like the side panels...they feel too big and intrusive. I took steps today to alter them....gonna put a 1.25" radius on the edge to reduce the boxiness and soften it.

Bro, this is great work! I applaud you. Especially for the first time wrapping those panels. Well done.

If I may add a suggestion, below you said you thought the panels on the sides were kind of intrusive, too big. Why don't you bring the panel back to the arm, just on the inside of it, and then just put a 1/4" piece of MDF over it. This would create a pocket for the arm to sink down into, but also remove about 2" of depth into the trunk space on the panel. I wish I had a way to draw it out and show you right now, what I'm talking about. But it's just a suggestion.

I think it looks really good regardless. Nice work.

These are trim panels for the trunk.

Testing the fit, not bad...

Putting it altogether...

Now, time for some openings...

The last picture....

holy crap good work

Thanks dude. I've had the DC logo for a while trying to figure out what to do with it. When it's done it will look like its hovering.... I hope.

I'm not sure if I like the side panels...they feel too big and intrusive. I took steps today to alter them....gonna put a 1.25" radius on the edge to reduce the boxiness and soften it.

That's a great suggestion..wish I had thought of it. I took a 1 1/4" roundover bit to the inside edge of the side panels to see if that improved things, and rounding them over did remove some "perceived" bulkiness. The downside to that was the difficulty in wrapping, but I like the way it turned out. I also was dreading re-working again.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it. Everyone on this forum has contributed in some way to this build. So many talented folks. Makes me glad to share.

• 2 weeks later...

Then, got everything put back, wires tucked away, and tested it out...

0831151941_zpstgg4czsg.jpg

0831151942_zpszwq2bvah.jpg

0831151942c_zps37cclp37.jpg

I have a string ready for the amp area, just have to rearrange the amps first and get a piece of plexi for the opening.

Then theres another string for the inside of the car.

Archived