Second Skin Audio

W7 10s how to make them hit lower?

Well your box size and port area are all pretty reasonable. I think your best bet is to try a lower tuning.

Before you build a whole new box you could try externally extending the port on your existing box, just to see if that gives you the output you are looking for.

Another thing to think about is you could be getting some cancellation from reflected sound waves. You could try orienting your box differently within your vehicle and see if that makes any difference.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

http://s356.photobucket.com/user/barneyimtc/library/Mobile%20Uploads

There's what it looks like. So, based on a frequency sweep ap I have on my iPhone, it drops off pretty hard around 35-36 hz. How long would you guys suggest to start with for an extension externally? Another strange thing if this helps you guys any, on the lower notes the subs barely move at all. Maybe a half inch of excursion. I believe with about 950 rms that's not much.

http://s356.photobucket.com/user/barneyimtc/library/Mobile%20Uploads

There's what it looks like. So, based on a frequency sweep ap I have on my iPhone, it drops off pretty hard around 35-36 hz. How long would you guys suggest to start with for an extension externally? Another strange thing if this helps you guys any, on the lower notes the subs barely move at all. Maybe a half inch of excursion. I believe with about 950 rms that's not much.

Around your tuning frequency your cone movement is going to drop to almost nothing, no matter how much power you put to it. That's how ported boxes work.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived