Sonic Electronix

best/top hid kit (Quality and Perfomace

PHILIPS CAN-BUS HID

you can pick them up on ebay for 110$ bad ass kits i got one,,,

Unless they are OEM, they are probably fake, and when I say OEM I mean out of a car that came stock with HID lights. Not a HID kit with the words OEM on it.

If memory serves right Philips never made ballasts, and the ballasts used in OEM applications come from another manufacture (I think Hella OEM's ballasts for Philips).

Also the majority of bulbs claiming to be Philips are fake.

Philips does not make a hid bulb with pig tail wires coming out of the base to plug into the ballasts.

The only type of connectors you will find on authentic Philips bulbs are the following ( D1S, D1R, D2R, D2S, D3R, D3S, D4R, D4S, D5S, ETC).

Again if the bulb has wires coming out of the base with quick connect plugs, they are fake!

If indeed the bulbs are truly Philips, getting a bulb with a kelvin rating higher than 4800ish is not going to happen due to Philips making bulbs for OEM factory equipped hid systems, not for the end consumer upgrading and wanting 8,000K blue bulbs.

Real Philips bulbs will cost in the $100-$300 range alone just for bulbs, no ballasts.

They have 6 bulbs with color temps up to 6000Kelvin.

Thats it.
Every other bulb is under 4800K or less.

Goto their actual website.

http://www.philips.co.uk/c-m-li/car-lights/headlights/latest#filters=HEADLIGHTS_SU&sliders=&support=&price=&priceBoxes=&page=&layout=96.subcategory.p-grid-icon

Filter by "XENON" which shows all 26 of the bulbs that are made by Philips.

To find the bulbs the 6 bulbs that are up to 6000K filter by "BLUEVISION ULTRA"

Once you click on the bulb it will usually show the Kelvin temp on that page towards the top to the right of the picture of the bulb.

If it does not say the Kelvin rating you need to click the "SEE ALL SPECIFICATIONS" TAB.

To be honest the higher 6000k rating on a few of the bulbs maybe new, or I may never of noticed it before, Its been a long time since I really did a bunch of research on hid kits which was around the time I said screw DDM.

Either way my point is:
You wont find an authentic Philips HID kit with 8,000K bulbs in any sytle/socket bulb.

You wont find an authentic Philips HID kit with 6,000K bulbs that have 2 wires coming out of the bulb with quick plug and play connections (that all these aftermarket kits use).

To put it simpler you wont find any authentic Philips bulbs that have 2 wires coming out of the bulb with quick plug and play connections.

What I mean about the pig tails, or 2 wires with quick connections coming out of the bulbs are these pictured below (AMP connectors).

Philips does not make them, sure a couple sites will try and tell you that Philips does indeed make them, but they are handing you a load of bs.

They will also try and tell you that they are the only site that carries the authentic Philips kits and the other sites are fakes (but other sites selling you the same fake kits will also say the same about their competitors site as well).

They may even also try and tell you that the reason people thing Philips does not make these aftermarket kits is because they are illegal in the USA, but yet said site will still sell you merchandise that is illegal and can get you in trouble..

hid-fog-light-bulb-replacement-unkits-fo

Just because it may come in a box that says Philips does not make them real, nor does it make the claims that the site your buying from true.

China can knock things off very well, if they are knocking off HID kits, what makes you think they wont knock off the packaging as well, or even make their own Philips branded packaging up from scratch using Philips logos and colors.

I mean we all know how many audio brands get knocked off.

Like people buying those Power Acoustik amps that look like Rockford Fosgate amps, and to the uneducated consumer that buys the Power Acoustik amp for $200 after he seen the real Rockford Fosgate amp at a stereo shop for $1200, he is thinking he got a great deal....

Lets also not forget about all the knock off Hertz audio sold on Ebay.......... Its very very very hard to tell the difference in those by appearance alone, but if you listened to them side by side you would easily know.

Also, for determining real from fake Philips bulbs goto this site http://www.hidbulbsrus.com/identifying-counterfeits/

They have a PDF file that you can barley see on the page, but if you click the download pdf link below the smaller reference guide on their site they will show you pictures of the real and fake side by side, and telling you what to look for.

Here is the PDF file download link. Its great information to know or have.
http://www.hidbulbsrus.com/app/download/757070208/Identifying+Counterfeits.pdf

I don't get the deal with the 8k+ bulbs.

You get better vision from a more yellowish white colored bulb which is why the factory hids are down in the Lower color temps..

Just for the looks maybe?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Yeah, the 6K and higher is strictly for looks. Yes, those spectrum bulbs will reflect better off road signs and road markers, but won't do nearly as good a job in raw lumens and rain performance.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

I don't get the deal with the 8k+ bulbs.

You get better vision from a more yellowish white colored bulb which is why the factory hids are down in the Lower color temps..

Just for the looks maybe?

Yes, your correct.

Typically the lower the Kelvin, the higher the Lumen output.

However it can vary on bulb to bulb manufacture to manufacture a little.

So say a 4000K bulb that puts out 3000 Lumens from Brand A does not automatically mean that Brand B's 4000K bulb will put out the same 3000 Lumens (it maybe 2900L or even 3100L). Just an example.

As for bulb color, and people wanting the the bluish to deep blue to purple colors I think was caused by them wanting their headlights to look the same as say a BMW or Lexus headlights coming down the road that where equipped with projectors, which can make a bunch of funky colors as the car comes at you. But what they dont know is that those colors are caused from the projectors and the light is actually white.

Now with how there are crazy yellow, blue, green, pink hid bulbs it seems like people are just doing it to be noticed, or to color match the lights with their car, or to be just plain stupid and annoying. LOL

Also the color blue can cause driver fatigue, and make you tired if you have been driving for a decent amount of time.

Archived