Second Skin Audio

Some pics of my liquid cooled neo 18s setup. (pg2)

i was thinking about these little electric squares that pull heat away from objects but the one side condenses so probably wouldn't be good for a motor or amp ill see if i can find them again.

found them these http://www.parts-express.com/peltier-thermo-electric-cooling-module-3-amp--320-252 .. but your idea looks like a better way to go

That's a great link,I didn't build that into the initial design but I might after testing it a bit.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

yeah i was going to try those but haven't ran enough power to worry about it.. even if you wrap a good heat conducter on the motor or even your coils of copper you have and place those it might help

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to best use that tech for cooling.

anybody have any ideas?

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

with your water cooling not really unless you wrap the entire motor with something and attach those to it to cool the motor? or the inlet of your copper tubes to see if it brings the temp down lower like your first picture if you leave the copper exposed the first few inches and place one on it then wrap the rest might work

just noticed it requires a heatsink on the hot side too... so you might have to make heat fins or have a piece of copper on that end

so i was thinking put like 4 around the motor on your coil then attach a steal rod or something like that to them for the heat dissipation but i really don't know how cool they will make the coils.. it would have to be trial and error thing it might not cool it anymore then what your radiator already does

Don't do anything with Peltiers directly on the motor. Put them radiator side and leave the motor side as-is.

I had this kind of setup on a desktop PC and it was crazy. Processor only got up to like 80F

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

I'd honestly be concerned about the amount of surface area the coils could cover on the hot side of the TECs. They get HOT. If you put them right onto a heat exchanger they have a much more direct (and effective) heat dump than they would at the woofer.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

Archived