Sonic Electronix

so i am going to be placing an order for a 10'' sub, 3.0" coil woofers power handling of 1200W RMS and peak power of 2400W

and the Q1-1200.2D amp, so i am just not sure whats ohm sub to get, to get the best sound out of it, 2ohm or 4ohm sub?

i have been hearing that a 4ohm sub is the way to go? what do you guys think?

Chrysler 200 Limited, 2.4L I-4 Cyl 9 Speed Automatic, Granite Crystal Metallic.

Built 6/15
MOD
Blue Led Interior Lights
20% Tint Windows
HRK HID KIT 6000K

A single D2 will allow you to wire to 1ohm, receiving the full 1200w at 1ohm as advertised. The D4 will allow you to wire to 2ohm, meaning less heat and work for the amplifier, and allowing better sound quality, but not as loud

Why not get a pair of hds210's?

Get a pair of D4's and have some fun.

cause all i need is that 1 sub, plus i do have a lil one with a car seat in the back and i need trunk space for grocery shopping :)

just looking for some advice for my post...

Built 6/15
MOD
Blue Led Interior Lights
20% Tint Windows
HRK HID KIT 6000K

A single D2 will allow you to wire to 1ohm, receiving the full 1200w at 1ohm as advertised. The D4 will allow you to wire to 2ohm, meaning less heat and work for the amplifier, and allowing better sound quality, but not as loud

D2=2ohm and D4=4ohm? is that what that means?, but i am looking more into better sound quality so then 4ohm for that one?

Built 6/15
MOD
Blue Led Interior Lights
20% Tint Windows
HRK HID KIT 6000K

D2 = two 2ohm voice coils. Meaning you can wire one sub with the voice coils in parallel to equal 1ohm, or in series to equal 4ohm. D4 means the same thing but with 4ohm voice coils, meaning in parallel you get 2ohm, or series you get 8ohm. The higher the ohm load the amplifier sees, then the less power it will output, and the more efficient it will become due to less heat and strain to output that power.

D2 = two 2ohm voice coils. Meaning you can wire one sub with the voice coils in parallel to equal 1ohm, or in series to equal 4ohm. D4 means the same thing but with 4ohm voice coils, meaning in parallel you get 2ohm, or series you get 8ohm. The higher the ohm load the amplifier sees, then the less power it will output, and the more efficient it will become due to less heat and strain to output that power.

OK well i am not worried about the base, cause it still will hit, im more into clean sound, so since the D4 is more voice coils this is probably the better way for my to go then?

Built 6/15
MOD
Blue Led Interior Lights
20% Tint Windows
HRK HID KIT 6000K

so could you also tell me how many watts will the amp put out on a 2ohm sub and how many watts will it do on a 4ohm sub?

Built 6/15
MOD
Blue Led Interior Lights
20% Tint Windows
HRK HID KIT 6000K

The D4 & D2 have the same amount of voice coils: 2. Their DC resistance is different. Meaning they can wired to different resistances for different power output from the amp of your choosing.

The 1200.2 will output 510w@4ohm according to their specs listed. If you're set on that amp, I would buy the D2 sub, and wire the voice coils in series, look at the subwoofer wiring wizard on www.the12volt.com on how to make that configuration.

Option B is to buy the D4 sub and wire in series for an 8ohm load, but you'd probably only get around 200w out of that amp, but that would be good for sound quality. But in reality, that's not a sound quality amplifier since its class D amplifier technology. You should look for an A/B class amplifier to output the power you want at 4ohm. Class D = more efficient, less fidelity. Class A/B = more fidelity, less efficiency.

Archived