Second Skin Audio

nvx nsw 4th order???

dsw422

hey all.. do u think an NVX NSW 10 (only 1) work in a 4th order..

I ask b/c I am making a console for my bronco and want to put the sub in it to keep it out of the cargo area.

the port will go out the back of the console.. (not in the pic below)

there will also be 2 6.5's in it...

heres what I had in mind....

20150628_140216.jpg

what do you think box sizes should be also?? im assuming around .8- 1 cuft sealed and 1-1.5 ported..

2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan

Factory Sony 10 Speaker Sound System

1994 Ford Bronco

Dual head unit (i kno)

Sony door speakers

Kenwood Rear Speakers

Custom Center console in the works. will house an NVX NSW10"

https://m.facebook.com/WinnsCustomCarAudio/

Why do you want a 4th order?

Just wondering if it'll work with this woofer... I kno in can do ported (which is what I'll go with if a 4th won't work)... I just think a 4th would be cool in a console..

2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan

1994 Ford Bronco

Dual head unit (i kno)

Sony door speakers

Kenwood Rear Speakers

There is no reason to use a bandpass box in that application, unless you want to needlessly take up space.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

There is no reason to use a bandpass box in that application, unless you want to needlessly take up space.

10-4.. I was just wondering.. I'll go with ported.. do you think there is enough clearance the way I have it?? It'll be 3. inches from top of the surround..

2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan

1994 Ford Bronco

Dual head unit (i kno)

Sony door speakers

Kenwood Rear Speakers

It looks like the sub will work in about 2.25-2.5 cubes net for both chambers in a 4th order BP so that you know. So may people want to try them these days without even knowing why, if you are curious I would recommend trying the sub in both 4th BP and ported, not that complicated project but some rectangular boxes and see what you like best.

It looks like the sub will work in about 2.25-2.5 cubes net for both chambers in a 4th order BP so that you know. So may people want to try them these days without even knowing why, if you are curious I would recommend trying the sub in both 4th BP and ported, not that complicated project but some rectangular boxes and see what you like best.

Ok.. I'll just do ported the way I have in the picture.. 2.25 net each is not gonna fit.. thanks though

2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan

1994 Ford Bronco

Dual head unit (i kno)

Sony door speakers

Kenwood Rear Speakers

4.5-5 cubes for 1 10? How'd you come up with those numbers? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was told for a 4th order you use something close to the manufacture's recommended airspace for the sealed section then decide on a ratio and that will determine your ported section. With that math for that sub the whole enclosure could be under 3 cubes, or am I way off?

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

4.5-5 cubes for 1 10? How'd you come up with those numbers? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was told for a 4th order you use something close to the manufacture's recommended airspace for the sealed section then decide on a ratio and that will determine your ported section. With that math for that sub the whole enclosure could be under 3 cubes, or am I way off?

4.5-5 cubes? Where did you get that lol.

Archived