qu1cks1lver56 Posted June 28, 2015 Report Posted June 28, 2015 It looks like the sub will work in about 2.25-2.5 cubes net for both chambers in a 4th order BP so that you know. So may people want to try them these days without even knowing why, if you are curious I would recommend trying the sub in both 4th BP and ported, not that complicated project but some rectangular boxes and see what you like best. 4.5-5 cubes for 1 10? How'd you come up with those numbers? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was told for a 4th order you use something close to the manufacture's recommended airspace for the sealed section then decide on a ratio and that will determine your ported section. With that math for that sub the whole enclosure could be under 3 cubes, or am I way off? 4.5-5 cubes? Where did you get that lol. Wait did you mean 2.25-2.5 cubes total? I read that as 2.25-2.5 per chamber lol First Gen Xterra: Always changing DNX 690HD RF 360.3RF T3002RF T4004RF T10001bdSilver Flute 6.5"s Tang Band 1" TweetersSundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz Trust me .25 Blows your Load.
Joe X Posted June 28, 2015 Report Posted June 28, 2015 Wait did you mean 2.25-2.5 cubes total? I read that as 2.25-2.5 per chamber lol Yes, only adding the net volume of both chambers just to see if it you have hope to fit or not.
Triticum Agricolam Posted June 28, 2015 Report Posted June 28, 2015 ....Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was told for a 4th order you use something close to the manufacture's recommended airspace for the sealed section then decide on a ratio and that will determine your ported section.... Yeah, that's one way you could design a bandpass box, you can also use a crescent wrench as a hammer, but in both cases don't be surprised if it doesn't work out real well. I think this who idea of using any kind of "ratio" for bandpass design is just a shortcut for people who really don't have any business designing a bandpass box in the first place. There is a whole lot more that goes into it than just picking a ratio and going from there. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
qu1cks1lver56 Posted June 28, 2015 Report Posted June 28, 2015 Wait did you mean 2.25-2.5 cubes total? I read that as 2.25-2.5 per chamber lol Yes, only adding the net volume of both chambers just to see if it you have hope to fit or not. Ahh, sorry for that derp moment. ....Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was told for a 4th order you use something close to the manufacture's recommended airspace for the sealed section then decide on a ratio and that will determine your ported section.... Yeah, that's one way you could design a bandpass box, you can also use a crescent wrench as a hammer, but in both cases don't be surprised if it doesn't work out real well. I think this who idea of using any kind of "ratio" for bandpass design is just a shortcut for people who really don't have any business designing a bandpass box in the first place. There is a whole lot more that goes into it than just picking a ratio and going from there. I don't wanna threadjack, but I'd love to learn how to properly design bandpass enclosures. If you could link me to some good reading material on the subject I'd love it. First Gen Xterra: Always changing DNX 690HD RF 360.3RF T3002RF T4004RF T10001bdSilver Flute 6.5"s Tang Band 1" TweetersSundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz Trust me .25 Blows your Load.
dsw422 Posted June 28, 2015 Author Report Posted June 28, 2015 ....Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was told for a 4th order you use something close to the manufacture's recommended airspace for the sealed section then decide on a ratio and that will determine your ported section....Yeah, that's one way you could design a bandpass box, you can also use a crescent wrench as a hammer, but in both cases don't be surprised if it doesn't work out real well.I think this who idea of using any kind of "ratio" for bandpass design is just a shortcut for people who really don't have any business designing a bandpass box in the first place. There is a whole lot more that goes into it than just picking a ratio and going from there. I don't wanna threadjack, but I'd love to learn how to properly design bandpass enclosures. If you could link me to some good reading material on the subject I'd love it. Download WinISD pro and play with it.. that's what I did (plus a little research) I felt the best way to understand a 4th order is to see how they react compared to other boxes.. you can play with box size and tuning frequency.. 2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan Factory Sony 10 Speaker Sound System 1994 Ford Bronco Dual head unit (i kno) Sony door speakers Kenwood Rear Speakers Custom Center console in the works. will house an NVX NSW10" https://m.facebook.com/WinnsCustomCarAudio/
qu1cks1lver56 Posted June 29, 2015 Report Posted June 29, 2015 Thanks. First Gen Xterra: Always changing DNX 690HD RF 360.3RF T3002RF T4004RF T10001bdSilver Flute 6.5"s Tang Band 1" TweetersSundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz Trust me .25 Blows your Load.
Yellow1000 Posted June 29, 2015 Report Posted June 29, 2015 Somebody said certain drivers work better then others in a 4th order. What determines this ?
mrd6 Posted June 29, 2015 Report Posted June 29, 2015 ^Research EBP. Efficiency bandwidth product. Its really easy to calculate if you have TS parameters for your speakers. High EBP = good for sealed /4th order bandpass Low EBP = good for ported/ 6th orders Of course there are always exceptions and then subs with EBP more in the middle will perform okay in either design My Build Log: http://www.stevemead...-sundown-power/ Team NorthWestSPL
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.